members welcome to login with name?

is there a possibility,

the member with

Hello "name" to greet?

Quote · 4 Feb 2019

Hello 

It depends from the form of this greeting in site. Should it be the block somewhere on the page? Or Javascript alert box?

Quote · 4 Feb 2019

You can't welcome a person before they've logged in because the program doesn't know who the person is until they've logged in.

Once they hit submit, they're usually taken to the home page, so you could place a welcome message there.

The first screenshot is the welcome message offered by Modzzz. It saves you doing it yourself. (file 1)

If you decide to have a go, here's a tutorial I've put together (file 2) from information supplied on the Forum. With the result (file 3)

welcome.jpg · 12.4K · 174 views
Welcome Message.rtf · 3.5K · 191 downloads
welcome 2.jpg · 14.6K · 190 views
Quote · 5 Feb 2019

a JavaScript notification box

would be good

Quote · 7 Feb 2019

Lots of things would be good, but a line must be drawn somewhere. Dolphin is like a new house. It has a few features like a kitchen, bathroom and toilet (supplied mods), but it's up to the owner to furnish it to suit his or her personal needs ( 3rd party mods or hacks). If you want bells and whistles you either have to learn to code, or get others to help you.

I don't think Boonex needs to add too many additional bells and whistles, in fact Dolphin as packaged offers amazing flexibility. What Boonex, or the next generation of developers must do is make it more intuitive. The Photos module can be reduced to half a dozen pages or less, not the 20 plus pages it has at present. That module is the most important, yet the worst offender.

Quote · 8 Feb 2019

The Photos module can be reduced to half a dozen pages or less, not the 20 plus pages it has at present. That module is the most important, yet the worst offender.

Yes, I was going to add a menu block to replace the horrible navigation that is there now.  I have been using Dolphin for a long time, including photos and I still have to click through the navigation several times trying to find the area that I knows exists.  I can't imagine how frustrating it is for those that are new.  I probably lost a lot of members over the photo block.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 8 Feb 2019

Sie können keine Personen begrüßen, bevor Sie sich angemeldet haben.

Sobald Sie auf "Senden" geklickt haben, werden Sie normalerweise zur Startseite

Der erste Screenshot ist die Willkommensnachricht von Modzzz. Es erspart Ihnen, es selbst zu tun. (Datei 1)

Wenn Sie sich entscheiden, haben Sie ein Tutorial zusammengestellt (Datei 2) aus den Informationen, die im Forum bereitgestellt wurden. Mit dem Ergebnis (Datei 3)

they had misunderstood me.

I know the registration process enough.

Only if a member logs in after successful registration and activation by Admin,

a friendly hello "name" would really be appropriate.

I'm not a programmer, but maybe there are modules to buy.

That would be something

Quote · 8 Feb 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.