memory problem

Hi all,

today, i hade tried to install dolphin. The install-wizzard was finished with no error. But if i would go on the site, i become a blank screen with the Message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in .../public_html/dolphin/templates/base/scripts/BxBaseIndex.php on line 634

Is there a solution for this problem?

I had webspace on a shared server. Is it possible, that the problem is my hoster?

Miklo

Quote · 29 Jun 2008

expand your memory and read

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolTech

Quote · 1 Jul 2008

I was having this same problem, it turned out that my host was junk.. or the shared accouts were at any rate.

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Just re-read error and understand it, its all clean and in english :)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes

what it mean:

lets look how many MB is  8388608; so 8388608 : 1024 : 1024 = 8MB

script page tried to allocate some more memory :)  .. so current memory is not enough, try to make more memory at site, ask about it from your provider

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

You can't ask for more memory on shared hosting... so like I said, my host was junk. I swapped :-)

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

I'm having the same error come up, but I more than enough memory to spare - and I've checked half a dozen times already.

Any ideas? Or could this be a host issue?

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

I have just installed Dolphin 6.1 on my shared server and had the same fatal error out of memory problem. After looking at this post and then my servers support database, I managed to fix the problem easily by putting a php.ini script into the dolphin main directory increasing the memory from 8M to 16M. My copy of Dolphin is now working perfectly. Cool

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.