php.ini path?

Hello,

i installed dolphin 7 its picking the main server php.ini and i added the customized one in the public_html folder, how can i make it read it from there instead? (linux server)(php 5+)

Thanks.

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

Just copy the custom php.ini to public_html.

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

If PHP is running under CGI on your web server, then you can place the new php.ini file in the root of your Dolphin installation, and it will become the configuration file for that directory and all subdirectories. If PHP is not running under CGI on your web server, you will need to edit your web server's configuration file, which, if you do not have access to it (such as root access), then you will have to contact your web hosting provider to make the necessary changes.

You can also try using php_flags in the .htaccess file, but this could lead to mixed results, depending on the web hosting provider's setup.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 12 Jun 2010

its already in the publich_html file, the thig is i added a php info file and it sees the setting from inside the public_html folder, dolphin is the one who is getting its php.ini info from/usr/local/lib/

here is the path of the configuration file for both of them

php info file ::: Loaded Configuration File /public_html/php.ini

dolphin ::: Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/lib/php.ini

is it possible to change the one of dolphin manually?

Thanks.

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

its already in the publich_html file, the thig is i added a php info file and it sees the setting from inside the public_html folder, dolphin is the one who is getting its php.ini info from/usr/local/lib/

here is the path of the configuration file for both of them

php info file ::: Loaded Configuration File /public_html/php.ini

dolphin ::: Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/lib/php.ini

is it possible to change the one of dolphin manually?

Thanks.

Is the php.ini file also located in the directory where Dolphin is located?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 12 Jun 2010

yeah it is, everything is installed in public_html, the thing is i configured my cpanel to get the php.ini file settings from public_html after i have installed dolphin, will that make any difference? maybe its in one of dolphins configuration files that i can change or something

Thanks for your replies by the way :-)

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

yeah it is, everything is installed in public_html, the thing is i configured my cpanel to get the php.ini file settings from public_html after i have installed dolphin, will that make any difference? maybe its in one of dolphins configuration files that i can change or something

Thanks for your replies by the way :-)

There isn't anything in Dolphin which looks for (and clings onto) the php.ini file.

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

There isn't anything in Dolphin which looks for (and clings onto) the php.ini file.

this is very weird, any suggestions? i think i'll just re install it again and see what happens

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

this is very weird, any suggestions? i think i'll just re install it again and see what happens

Perhaps you should give your web hosting provider a ring and ask them about why it might not be working.

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

Perhaps you should give your web hosting provider a ring and ask them about why it might not be working.

i did so, then they added the phpinfo in my public_html and it seems to be reading all the settings from the php.ini file i added correctly, thats why am having doubts that its from dolphin, i cleared all cache and everything but nothing is changing with it

Quote · 12 Jun 2010

I'm not an expert and just got back into websites after 3 yrs of head trauma. anyway if you insert any web page with the same name and . extention .php files, .html files etc it will overwrite all settings. just make sure all settings are set up in php.ini file, all permissions for web pages 755 or 777 the way dolphin says to. If this does not seam to work ask your hosting to make dolphin work for your domain.

Quote · 14 Apr 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.