phpBB3 Dolphin Menu

Okay, alot of us, including myself have made the jump from Orca over to phpBB3 Forums and managed to integrate them.  The mods for integration are time consuming and they lack one major thing.  In the end, either we iFrame the phpBB3 or we were stuck  digging up hack tools to get any type of linking back to the main site. 

This evening, I released my second mod ever over on Expertzzz.Com and it's a Menu that links the 2 scripts very neatly and allows you the freedom to adjust the menu as you see fit.  It was written for the default phpBB3 template, but I'm sure you can figure out how to adjust the file transfers/edits to your own template.

Here's the link and I just couldn't resist letting everyone know it finally exists.  I've spent a lot of time on this, so unfortunately I can't make it free, but I hope I've priced it reasonably enough for everyone.  I will let you know, total install time is minimum of half an hour on this one, and that is after I did it about 20 times to make sure I had it all right.    Here's the link:

http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/5600

If you need any help with it, please let me know and I'll be happy to do whatever needs to be done. 

Quote · 21 Mar 2009

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with iframing the phpbb app in a Dolphin page?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Mar 2009

Just the double scroll bar that often happens and reduced size.  phpBB2 it was popular to do that with, but with phpBB3 people have tended to get away from iframing it and instead doing the full integration.  This mod just lets them do that.

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

For me I did not use iframes because google indexed the original. So if someone was to go directly to the indexed link then they would not see any of the nav bars.

What I ened up doing was mimicking my header and nave bar in the phpbb forum so it looks like your still in the dolphin scritp. It looks pretty good but not perfect

Oh Yeah congrats on the mod and good luck!!!

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

BTW... nice work on that "Offline Browser Annihilator" you listed on expertzzz .....rofl

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 22 Mar 2009

It's not that hard to put an external app in an iframe that automatically adjusts to the size of the content.

EX: http://houstonlively.com/smf.php    Just click the 'Home' 'Help' 'Search' 'Login' and Register' buttons to see the resizing.

Of course that's SMF that isn't integrated with Dolphin, but you can do the same thing with phpBB.  Seems a lot simpler than installing a mod.

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

1.  Not going to argue with you over something I don't even charge for. 

2.  Not everyone likes to iFrame something, and integrating the 2 together creates a much cleaner, better feeling for the members and improves the user experiences in that you don't have to keep logging into the different sections of the site, in additon, we can track forum habits much easier and moderate it all much better.  If you and your members don't mind the iFrame then no big deal, personally I hate them and try to avoid them whenever I can.  That's just a personal preference.

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

1.  Not going to argue with you over something I don't even charge for. 

2.  Not everyone likes to iFrame something, and integrating the 2 together creates a much cleaner, better feeling for the members and improves the user experiences in that you don't have to keep logging into the different sections of the site, in additon, we can track forum habits much easier and moderate it all much better.  If you and your members don't mind the iFrame then no big deal, personally I hate them and try to avoid them whenever I can.  That's just a personal preference.

1. No one is arguing.  I just think it's hilarious.

2. If you place an app in a dynamically resized iframe, the end user can't even tell it's in an iframe.  With phpBB integrated with Dolphin there's no multiple logins, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If you integrate Dolphin & phpBB, then place the phpBB app in a dynamic iframe within a Dolphin page, like I showed AS A DEMO with SMF, then you really don't need to go through all the hassle of adding rudimentary dolphin menus to phpBB.

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

What's hilarious about it?  Or do you not remember that I deleted over 500 posts off this board before?  That might be a place to look. 

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

What's hilarious about it?  Or do you not remember that I deleted over 500 posts off this board before?  That might be a place to look. 

Well......... I know for a fact that you saw it for the first time in the post I made.  I even remember your comments in that thread and I had wondered what happend to them.  Now I know.  I don't really care.... whatever floats your boat dude.  What I find hilarious is that in representing it as one of your 'Mods' you have done what you have obsessively complained about others doing, and that is calling something one of your 'mods' when that something has been all over the internet for years.

Here's a post I made back in 2007 on a different site: http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/134015-how-block-offline-browsers-k-site-rippers.html

Now, I didn't write that whole .htaccess file, and I don't remember where I found it in 2007, but the same thing is all over the internet in identical form.

And in your "Mod" download.........

[Thank you for trying out my Offline Browser Annihilator Mod for Dolphin 6.1.4 This mod will]

[deal with hackers who attempt to steal media via offline browsers planted on your site and ]

[redirect them to a 404 Error or you can redirect them to a hacker site and allow them to steal]

[and market to each others e-mail address, Sounds Nice Doesn't it! This mod has been developed by]

[TDZ and is marketed with no expressed or implied warranty of suitability for any purpose.]

Sorry dude.... your busted.

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.