privacy

Is this just me, or is there no privacy at all with the dolphin site's. It's not that ive got anything to hide you understand, but ive just installed the latest dolphin and it just seems wide open. Guests can view all profiles, video, listen to your music, read the forum ect ect, then just walk away with a chunk of your bandwidth with you nothing to show for it (New member wise)

Im sure this must be me, and i just havent worked out how to make it a bit more private to just let guests see bits to grab their interest so they will join to get access to more, but i cant for the life of me work out which buttons to press in the admin to set it like that.

It just makes me feel a little uncomfortable in this day and age, what with spammers and script kiddies out for a fix when things are in full view like this, just seems to be asking for trouble Cool

regards

tyke

Quote · 19 Feb 2009

Hi,
you limiting guest doing anything, go to membership levels, and remove everthing from the guest level :)
But into builders - navigation - click on a block there you set it visible for guests /or only members..

kind regard

Kids first
Quote · 19 Feb 2009

You must also make sure your site is not running in 'Free' mode. Go to settings etc...

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 19 Feb 2009

The bigest problem with Dolphin is that members have no control over what other members view.  Preventing guests from viewing content is easy.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 19 Feb 2009

Thanks again guys, brilliant stuff, im locked down for guests now.

Thanks for your help Smile

Quote · 20 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.