rating issues

Hi, I posted this in the Expertzzz forum but no answer. So I try my luck here.

thanks

Hey all,

This is my first post here so be patient with me. I installed Dolphin about a week ago (and reinstalled once) and it seems to be a great community software. However, I'm trying to create a functionality that seems very possible when I look at the options in the admin panel but I can get it to work.

Here is what I'm trying to do. By the way ... this is for a free site, no membership fees at all.

1. Let users upload pictures in a public gallery (done)

2. Let Standard members and Non-Members to view and rate pictures in both photo galery and member gallery.

3. Let them do that once a day (members based on the username and non-members based on IP)

I can't make this work. I tried with Free Mode enabled and disabled. I tried to play with Membership levels. Nothing seems to work.

Non-Members cannot even vote. Members can vote but only once (in their life). I thought that the field Number of actions is reset every xx hours can help me do that. It doesn't seem to work.

When I try to vote as a Non-Member the cursor doesn't even change when you go over the stars

As a member, the cursor changes in a hand but thevote is not recorded. All I see is a message on the status bar saying Javascript:1;void(0) for each star. for 2 stars is Javascript:2;void(0) and so on.

Am I missing something here?

Can this be done in Dolphin?

Can someone explain how these two fields are supposed to be used?

Number of allowed actions:  
Number of actions is reset every:  hours

thanks,

Paul

Quote · 13 Feb 2009

can somebody tell me if this is possible in Dolphin?

Quote · 14 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.