remove Record a video comment

Ho to remove the link Record a video comment in comment fields?

Quote · 7 Jan 2010

I would also love to know this

Quote · 24 Jan 2010

Me too, I've been looking on how to remove the "record a video comment" link in the profile and blog comments fields. Thanks Smile

Quote · 31 Jan 2010

I would like to know how too, short of finding the code of the module and making changes there.  Would be nice to remove it from the "wall" feature too

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Here's a temporary solution, edit the templates/base/css/cmts.css and add display:none; in tr.cmt-head. :)

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

I literally was just about to type this question myself.  I've turned off video uploading & have it now as embed-only, but it kind of makes that effort moot when that "record video comment" feature is still enabled.

Wish it were a simple feature to be able to turn off from Admin...

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Here's another one, edit templates/base/scripts/BxBaseCmtsView.php and remove <a class="cmt-post-reply-video" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:' . $this->_sJsObjName . '.toggleType(this)">' . _t('_Record Your Comment') . '</a>

Also remove <a class="cmt-post-reply-video" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:' . $this->_sJsObjName . '.toggleType(this)">' . _t('_Reply as video') . '</a>

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Here's another one, edit templates/base/scripts/BxBaseCmtsView.php and remove <a class="cmt-post-reply-video" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:' . $this->_sJsObjName . '.toggleType(this)">' . _t('_Record Your Comment') . '</a>

Also remove <a class="cmt-post-reply-video" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:' . $this->_sJsObjName . '.toggleType(this)">' . _t('_Reply as video') . '</a>

This worked. Thank you!

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Thanks worked great, no more video comment, now would love to see no more sound and video in wall, thanks for any help.

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

Worked for me, no more video and sound in wall:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&search=1#topic/Wall-how-to-remove-add-video-sound-links-.htm

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

Thanks LuvHer, that worked.

Quote · 26 Feb 2011

It this the most current information on how to do this?  A more recent post pointed to this post.    For some reason, I always thought there was a setting somewhere, where you could turn it off - I hate changing php files if I don't have to.   Seriously - why dont' they just get rid of this entirely - does anyone have users who actually use this?

Quote · 18 Apr 2011

It this the most current information on how to do this?  A more recent post pointed to this post.    For some reason, I always thought there was a setting somewhere, where you could turn it off - I hate changing php files if I don't have to.   Seriously - why dont' they just get rid of this entirely - does anyone have users who actually use this?

You can either edit the PHP file, or edit the CSS file, which is more upgrade-proof. I'll add a ticket for this.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Apr 2011

How to do this in css?

You can either edit the PHP file, or edit the CSS file, which is more upgrade-proof. I'll add a ticket for this.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 18 Apr 2011

How to do this in css?

Read the topic.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Apr 2011

Ticket added: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/2481

Quote · 18 Apr 2011

Here's a better CSS edit:

/templates/base/css/cmts.css:460

td.cmt-head-m a.cmt-post-reply-video {

background-image: url(../images/icons/cmt-reply-record.png);

}

Change to:

display: none;

}

Quote · 18 Apr 2011

This fix worked great. Thank you 

Quote · 18 Apr 2011

great fix - thank you for sharing this

Here's a better CSS edit:

/templates/base/css/cmts.css:460

}

Change to:

display: none;

}

Quote · 29 Apr 2011

Here's a simple way to disable all video comments in the system if needed (D7.1)

Open file: /flash/modules/video_comments/xml/main.xml

Change the first item:

<item key="status"><![CDATA[enabled]]></item>

to Disabled:

<item key="status"><![CDATA[disabled]]></item>

This disables them from ever being generated.

(This is without the module installed)

sup
Quote · 17 Feb 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.