removing field name inside a blocks

Hello everybody,

When someone views someones profile it displays the block title and within the block you have the field name, next to the field name you have the actuall user entered description of them selfs.

is there a way, where you can hide the field name with in a block. The block title already saids description, so i don't see the purpose of having it twice block title and within the block a field name.

example:

Block title--> Describe yourself

with in the Describe yourself block - you have a field named Describe yourself.

next to the field name you have the actual content or user entry description.

Is there a way to hide the field name within the block leaving only the user entered description.

Quote · 24 May 2008

Open the file templates/base/scripts/BxBaseProfileView.php

and comment the line

$sRet .=         '<td class="profile_info_label">' . htmlspecialchars( _t( $aItem['Caption'] ) ) . ':</td>';

Regards,

Praveen

http://cpanel.happy-hosting.com

----
Quote · 25 May 2008

Hey Praveenkv1988,

thanks for the help.

question... will this affect the edit profile screen...

I only want it to affect the display of information and not have it affect the area where the user will need to modify there information?

Quote · 25 May 2008

This won't affect the edit profile page.

Regards,

Praveen.

----
Quote · 25 May 2008

I opened my file in the New Dolphin and this code was already there. Are you saying to delete it, modify it? I tried deleting it and nothing happend. Is there something else I can try?

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

He means to comment out the line. So change the line from:

$sRet .= '<td class="profile_info_label">' . htmlspecialchars( _t( $aItem['Caption'] ) ) . ':</td>';

to this:

// $sRet .= '<td class="profile_info_label">' . htmlspecialchars( _t( $aItem['Caption'] ) ) . ':</td>';

WARNING
If you do this it will remove the caption titles from ALL of your profile blocks. Not just a specific one.

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

Thanks.

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

yes, Supernoob is right, the code modification removes all of the captions which wasn't what i was looking for.

Maybe i'll be available  in the next release.

Quote · 29 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.