search engine issue with date format

hi,

i created a member form with date type data so that a member can set a starting fate for availability.

but in the and the search engine (see http://www.facecook.org/search.php?lang=en) does not work with data type (it does no find any match).

have you experienced such issue and have you managed to sort it out?

thanks in advance

yann

Quote · 19 Mar 2009

hi,

nobody to help me? may be i wasn't clear enough.

I had a look in the code, basically what i understand is that the date in the search.php form is not using the date picker (first issue).

=> how can I have the date picker to enter the date value in the "//draw the control" section of search.php?

then the date value for search that is return is considered as "num" and thus handled in a different way in the BxDolProfileFields.php so that i do not have a date format like "2009-03-21"

=> if I use a date picker will such issue be sorted out?

and finally in the SQL command, I suspect it is not working properly as I've tried it directly in phpadmin, so I've changed the line:

SELECT DISTINCT IF( `Profiles`.`Couple`=0, `Profiles`.`ID`, IF( `Profiles`.`Couple`>`Profiles`.`ID`, `Profiles`.`ID`, `Profiles`.`Couple` ) ) AS `ID` FROM `Profiles` WHERE DATEDIFF( NOW(), `Profiles`.`LookForBeginningDate` ) >= "date1-returned-value"*365,25 AND DATEDIFF( NOW(), `Profiles`.`LookForBeginningDate` ) <= "date2-returned-value"*365,25 AND `Profiles`.`Status` = 'Active' AND (`Profiles`.`Couple`='0' OR `Profiles`.`Couple`>`Profiles`.`ID`)

into

SELECT DISTINCT IF( `Profiles`.`Couple`=0, `Profiles`.`ID`, IF( `Profiles`.`Couple`>`Profiles`.`ID`, `Profiles`.`ID`, `Profiles`.`Couple` ) ) AS `ID` FROM `Profiles` WHERE DATEDIFF( "date1-returned-value", `Profiles`.`LookForBeginningDate` ) <= 0 AND DATEDIFF( "date2-returned-value",, `Profiles`.`LookForBeginningDate` ) >= 0 AND `Profiles`.`Status` = 'Active' AND (`Profiles`.`Couple`='0' OR `Profiles`.`Couple`>`Profiles`.`ID`)

so, according to alll this what I'd need is:

=> find a way to use date picker in the search.php form

=> make sure the date value that is returned by the form is properly formated

thanks in advance!!

yann

Quote · 21 Mar 2009

hi, any help on this topic? i'm stuck with this issue.

thanks in advance

yann

Quote · 24 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.