selective update

Can you make that update will update the website automatically

without any hand from the webmaster? like wordpress

and the update will have a second pace which

will ask i you like that other module will be updated

since there are many updated recently and i

dont have the "premium" hosting for dolphin

with support and so

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Quote · 3 Nov 2016

That would be all fine and dandy if your using stock files and you did not update your files to make the software better. But some know the coding or bought modules that changes the default code and that would just break there site if it auto updated.

I would say if you like the auto update so much and everyone wants to make dolphin like other platform software. THEN GO USE THAT SOFTWARE. This place is not them so quite comparing to other platforms. Do you go there and bitch at there platform is not the same as dolphin?

Quote · 4 Nov 2016

I am sure that many using Woodpress has auto update turned off so they won't break their sites.  The update process for Dolphin is fairly automated; you upload the files and then you run the update script.  Of course you need to back up site files and database first to make sure that you can recover from a bad upgrade.  The update may be more hands on than Woodpress but to me that is good, it provides a safer way to update.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Nov 2016

I am not bitching about dolphin i am saying this because i care about dolphin and want it to succeed!!!

That would be all fine and dandy if your using stock files and you did not update your files to make the software better. But some know the coding or bought modules that changes the default code and that would just break there site if it auto updated.

I would say if you like the auto update so much and everyone wants to make dolphin like other platform software. THEN GO USE THAT SOFTWARE. This place is not them so quite comparing to other platforms. Do you go there and bitch at there platform is not the same as dolphin?

Quote · 4 Nov 2016

well its not quite easy to upgrade every couple month, I JUST want thing go simple.

one click and update or automatic. things gone broke overtime always either way 

there got to be an upgrade in dolphin towards this suggestion 

I am sure that many using Woodpress has auto update turned off so they won't break their sites.  The update process for Dolphin is fairly automated; you upload the files and then you run the update script.  Of course you need to back up site files and database first to make sure that you can recover from a bad upgrade.  The update may be more hands on than Woodpress but to me that is good, it provides a safer way to update.

Quote · 4 Nov 2016

You are bitching because you want it easy to update. The last few updates are just security fixes that people put out in a public forum that anyone can read. They have to fix it or now since it is out to the public even people that are not hackers could break into YOUR SITE. You compared it to other software platforms. And believe it or not it is succeeding. It is still here with out the auto update.

I am not bitching about dolphin i am saying this because i care about dolphin and want it to succeed!!!

Quote · 4 Nov 2016

you got some issues pal, i am not  your enemy and i am using dolphin way long then you.

i am criticizing it from point of caring about it dont get confused. i am participating on github

too to make it transcend over other cms's.

so dont talk to me like this please. get yourself together and move on!

You are bitching because you want it easy to update. The last few updates are just security fixes that people put out in a public forum that anyone can read. They have to fix it or now since it is out to the public even people that are not hackers could break into YOUR SITE. You compared it to other software platforms. And believe it or not it is succeeding. It is still here with out the auto update.

Quote · 6 Nov 2016

One, I have no problem. I have no enemies. You do not know how long I have been using Dolphin. I do not talk much on here. But since you want to go that route. I see my account is a few years older then yours. But that does not matter. That is all just a pissing match that I am not about.

Seem as a bunch of people here then are caring about dolphin to try and make it the same as other platforms. LOL..

I have my self together and a pretty nice site of dolphin (Thank you) as well as I am walking away from you. Hehe. I just said my piece and you wanted to go off. That works for me. You have your self a great day.

you got some issues pal, i am not  your enemy and i am using dolphin way long then you.

i am criticizing it from point of caring about it dont get confused. i am participating on github

too to make it transcend over other cms's.

so dont talk to me like this please. get yourself together and move on!

Quote · 6 Nov 2016

Personally, I thought the answer that @TruckingSpace gave was out of line.  You can answer the question without being nasty about it.  Explain why something might or might not be able to be accomplished in a civil manner.  I did not see the OP complaining about Dolphin but asking a question about the upgrade process.

There is a problem with the upgrades that I think I will address with Boonex in a separate post.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Nov 2016

Thank u @geek_girl

Personally, I thought the answer that @TruckingSpace gave was out of line.  You can answer the question without being nasty about it.  Explain why something might or might not be able to be accomplished in a civil manner.  I did not see the OP complaining about Dolphin but asking a question about the upgrade process.

There is a problem with the upgrades that I think I will address with Boonex in a separate post.

Quote · 7 Nov 2016

Yes I was out of line. I should have never said anything as I do at most most time. Sorry @ I had no right saying anything. I should have just pasted up the post. Just one of them week and I think I was taking it out on you. I do not jump on people like I did you and for that I am sorry.

Quote · 7 Nov 2016

That's OK Cool @TruckingSpace

we all have bad days, but never take

it out on someone else because its like a boomerang

returning to your face (and not have to be at the same time or person)

Quote · 7 Nov 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.