server question

Hi all 

I have been told that my comments are loading slow due to my server? this i do not understand as i have no members as i am still customizing site.

I have a vps server 

2 cores

4.8GH

2gb mem

2000gb bandwidth.

Is this not sufficiant to run dolphin and have comments load normal without having to refresh page??

Also no comments show on page timeline just a load more.

to me it just seems weired  that this isnt sufficiant. at this rate i would need a dedicated server just to have 100 members.

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated

Quote · 17 May 2018

Yes, it should run find.  The question is, how many other VPSes are on the same box?  Also, how you have the resources set can make a difference as well.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 17 May 2018

I thought it would be fine as well, as for the VPS on same box i asked my host and they said  -

VPS is not like shared hosting. The resources are hard set, so you get no less and no more. 

And VPS'es on the same server are not related at all.

They upgraded my server package so i can test site to see if server is issue or not so will be able to test site for a couple of days and try and figure out what is issue
Quote · 18 May 2018

I thought it would be fine as well, as for the VPS on same box i asked my host and they said  -

VPS is not like shared hosting. The resources are hard set, so you get no less and no more. 

And VPS'es on the same server are not related at all.

They upgraded my server package so i can test site to see if server is issue or not so will be able to test site for a couple of days and try and figure out what is issue

I build and maintain servers, both dedicated and VPSes.  They are not being completely honest with you.  Now you can set up so that actual cores are used in a VPS; and in that case then you do get access to that physical core.  However, you can also set up VPSes to use virtual cores and this gets shared with other VPSes as you put more and more VPSes on the same box, it will affect performance.  The thing with a VPS; and the v is virtual; Virtual Private Server, not actual, is that you get root access, you get a root server that you can say, I want MariaDB and I want Nginx.  However, it is virtual; control by whatever virtualisastion software they use.  Have you ever use A VM to set up an OS inside of another OS?  If so, then that is sort of how a VPS works.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 May 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.