submenu pops under custom html

I removed __promo_code__ from templates/tmpl_uni/page_1.html and replaced it with my own Flash banner.  Now the submenu pops up under neath the new flash banner.  I've tried to assign z-index but I can't seem to figure out how to bring the sub menu back on top.

Any ideas?

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

Restore what you frigged up and replace it through admin panel like it should be  .....

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

Restore what you frigged up and replace it through admun panel like it should be  .....

HA! Nice, why bother replying with that crap?  Perhaps I don't want the clunky javascript rotating pictures. 

Some of us actually know how to code and customize things to suit our needs.

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

I removed __promo_code__ from templates/tmpl_uni/page_1.html and replaced it with my own Flash banner.  Now the submenu pops up under neath the new flash banner.  I've tried to assign z-index but I can't seem to figure out how to bring the sub menu back on top.

Any ideas?

Here's what worked for me. You can see it at my tutorial site mentioned at the end of this post.

You need to set one of the Flash parameters like this:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

So in the final, you end up with something like this:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="550" height="400" id="yourflashmovie" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="yourflashmovie.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="menu" value="false">
<embed src="yourflashmovie.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="550" height="400" name="yourflashmovie" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="opaque" menu="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />              
</object>

You then take that and place it in your template html file.

Let the group know if it works as I'm sure someone out there will need the same thing.

I have a few more tutorials at my BoonexNerd.com site.

...sip...

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 8 Aug 2008

Awesome!!  I added the paramater <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> and in the embed tag I added the attribute  wmode="opaque".  Worked perfectly!!

I visit your site often, not sure how I missed that one.

thanks!!

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.