unban a user how ?

greetings,

how to unban a user in ray chat ?

thanx

Quote · 8 May 2009

Me too i'm curios... during a test i ban one user, and now i don't know hw to unban...

Quote · 15 May 2009

Noboby know how to unban ? Please it's important.. is earch in the forum and i don't found nothing about it...

Quote · 16 May 2009

I dont know how the ray chat ban functions works, but if it works like, you ban a member from chat it may ban them from your site too, if this is so, try looking in the admin CP

admin>users>members>

to see if that user is banned in there also, if he/she is, just use the unban button on that page after you have clicked on the user name

Quote · 16 May 2009

Hy Tyke, if you ban somebody from the chat, it is NOT banned on the site ( i check it), so i can not unban from the admin>users>member...

I think is a bug from the ray chat, (i have a dolphin free with the free ray suite),because i can not found where to unban from the ray plugin...

I post a question also to ray, but no answer untill now...

The only way was to delete the member and make a new one. But is not a good solution when the site is " on-line"

(now i testing my site with some friend).

Thank anyway for the help.

Quote · 17 May 2009

Are you serious!? They made a ban button and no way at all to un-ban???????

Anyone know how?

Quote · 18 Apr 2010

You mean if this happens? 

Do I know how to make it so the user can get back in?

Yes, I do know how.

Quote · 18 Apr 2010

PLEASE tell me how Innocent

Quote · 21 Apr 2010

PLEASE tell me how Innocent

Well if you just want to do it real quick then go to your DB (phpMyAdmin) and go to RayChatProfiles where you will find this.  Then just click on the false box and then click Go and they are "Unbanned".

Of course, a really industrious person might be kind enough to look in the ray/modules/chat/inc/actions.inc.php file and then they'd find this:

case 'banUser':
  $sBanned = isset($_REQUEST["banned"]) ? $_REQUEST["banned"] : FALSE_VAL;
  $sUserId = getValue("SELECT `ID` FROM `" . MODULE_DB_PREFIX ."Profiles` WHERE `ID` = '" . $sId . "' LIMIT 1");
  getResult(empty($sUserId)
   ? "INSERT INTO `" . MODULE_DB_PREFIX . "Profiles`(`ID`, `Banned`) VALUES('" . $sId . "', '" . $sBanned . "')"
   : "UPDATE `" . MODULE_DB_PREFIX . "Profiles` SET `Banned`='" . $sBanned . "' WHERE `ID`='" . $sId . "'"); 
  break;

As a place to start in making it so you could unban the user from the Admin Panel.  I'm not industrious and prefer to keep banned people banned myself.  But that's up to some one who changes their mind on things like this.

Quote · 21 Apr 2010

Thank you very much for your time and effort I really do appreciate it.

Quote · 21 Apr 2010

This may be a bit late.... but i had the same issue.....

If you log in as admin fromt he chat settings....... on the bottom bar there is a user search facility.... search for the full username, when the user details appear you can unban them from there.

Hope that helps.

Quote · 18 Jan 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.