video problem

Hi,

I can't upload a video to my site.  I tried flv & mpg with no luck.  The max settings in the php.ini are fine but I get a upload error 406 after it shows 100% on the upload.  Anyone know what the 406 error is?  Oh and the video folder is set at 777.

Thank

Quote · 5 Dec 2008

have a read through this trouble shooter for ray here

Quote · 5 Dec 2008

I give up.  I checked and double checked everything listed but still no go.  Thanks anyway.

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you running Dolphin Ad-Free?  If you are, then you need to install (or connect to) an RMS (besides) Boonex to make this happen.  Keep in mind that Ad-Free requires you to use an IP address for the location of the RMS in order for it to connect and it can not be the same IP your site is located on.

Good luck with this.

Rms and ffmpeg are completely seperate entites mydatery.

ffmpeg is used to convert a video file to flv (music too but thats not the issue here)....which is done on the server.. nothing to do with rms.

So basically if you have bought some space which dosent allow the use of ffmpeg.exe you wont be able to upload any video files for conversion.

It also dosent matter if its adfree or not, the rms connection provided works upto a point and that point is no video chat.

You have the option of purchasing a rms/red5 connection from suitable hosts that will allow full operation of all boonex ray suite and widgets, for a small monthly cost.

Many hosts (shared accounts) dont allow the ffmpeg for the simple reason of server load....when you buy that cheap bargin space they're expecting you to be making a straight forward website not start building the next youtube.

However there are hosts which allow the ffmpeg on shared hosting....but they will restrict you in another way when your site gets busy...but... this way is cheap and good for starting out from call it incubation for your site b4 you move it to vps or dedicated.

For shared low cost hosting that allows ffmpeg to run i recommend hostmonster

For VPS or dedicated i recommend HostV

For rms/red5 connections cyberxing

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

I have a VPS and FFMpeg is installed.  this is driving me nuts.  Laughing

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

did you try this code and upload it to dolphin root?....what was the output?...can you copy it here pls.

<?
echo "<br/><b>PHP INI settings</b><br/>";
echo "<br>safe mode = ".ini_get('safe_mode');
echo "<br>disabled functions = ".ini_get('disable_functions');
echo "<br>max execution time = ".ini_get('max_execution_time');
echo "<br>post_max_size = ".ini_get('post_max_size');
echo "<br>upload max filesize = ".ini_get('upload_max_filesize');

echo "<br/><br/><b>ffmpeg output</b><pre>";
$s = realpath("ray/modules/global/app/ffmpeg.exe");
echo `$s -version 2>&1`;
?>
Quote · 6 Dec 2008

Thank you for the fast reply...

Here's the output.

PHP INI settings

safe mode =
disabled functions =
max execution time = 9000
post_max_size = 32M
upload max filesize = 32M

ffmpeg output
FFmpeg version SVN-r10832, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --enable-libvorbis --enable-libogg --enable-libtheora --enable-liba52 --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libamr-wb --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaac --enable-pthreads --disable-shared --enable-static
libavutil version: 49.5.0
libavcodec version: 51.46.1
libavformat version: 51.16.1
built on Oct 22 2007 21:09:01, gcc: 3.4.5 (Gentoo 3.4.5, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9)
FFmpeg SVN-r10832
libavutil 3212544
libavcodec 3354113
libavformat 3346433
Quote · 6 Dec 2008

I just got this back from tech support and all is fine.

The upload script was triggering a mod security error in apache. I have whitelisted the domain from mod security in the apache configuration. This should solve the mod_sec errors that I was seeing.

Thanks for your help!

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

ok no problems there, after reading around a bit  i found that the 406 error is related to  mod_security on the server.

(be aware this may cause an error 500 so take it out if it does and reupload)

you'l have to open  .htaccess in your ray folder and insert this:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine off
</IfModule>
Quote · 6 Dec 2008

Yey thats excellent news Smile

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

hi kosmic, this post have something related about my problem?

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/Upload-video-problem-Alert-undefined.htm

i cant find a solution

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

Houseperu your problem is different to signalzero's.

Read this some useful info about ffmpeg on hostgator

you could ask them why they advertise they're cheaper hosting on the boonex site when they only support ffmpeg on a dedicated account... bit misleading, you could try for a refund and switch to hostmonster if you need cheap hosting with safe mode off and no php function restrictions.

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.