visible only to friends

In the Admin Pages Builder, block properties, there is an option for the block to be visible to Guests and/or Members.  How can I add Friends to this, giving them profile viewing privileges (e.g. contact info) that aren't available to all Members?

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

This is off of standard dolphin functional, so you should realize this

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Hi,

Perhaps if there was a good user manual from Boonex that went through the functionality of the site in greater detail, including showing people how to set it up we would know more about the site, and we wouldn't need to assume that something might exist. A good manual would help people "realise" what is and isnt available.

As Boonex says on its site "You're limited only by your imagination - not by software" it would seem that in this case the feature you imagined is indeed limited by what the software can and cannot provide provide.

Be nice to your customers Boonex.

My 2 cents.

Max

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

AndreyP, I do realize that it's not standard, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.  I'm not so much looking for answers as suggestions.  Someone once told me that anything is possible if you are willing to do the work.  If I want Friends to have special privileges, I'll have to figure it out.  And if I do, I'll post the solution here, because I might not be the only one who want it so.  And if I'm REALLY lucky, someone else will see my post, find a solution, and post it here!  Smile

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

I know that all possible to realize,

but all our work are under schedule, we always have list of tasks to version, this list correct and create our boss :)

If you want to see this feature ask about it Andrey and put it into track .. and possible such feature will appear at following versions of dolphin

Quote · 17 Jul 2008

I think its a must to be have this....
If I look to other networks there you have guests - all members and only friends can view or do other things.
For a social network site very imported. :)

Go on with good job...

Kids first
Quote · 17 Jul 2008

That sounds like a mod that can be made on Membership Actions of your chosen membership type on the Admin panel (SETTINGS > MEMBERSHIP LEVELS ). Specifically, the VIEW PROFILES action. Perhaps it can be a checkbox (e.g., Visible to my friends only [ ] ). If the demand is great enough,  someone might  take a stab at that, although they will probably sell it as an extension. Unless, Boonex decides to include it on their future upgrades. You might consider putting this on the  6.2 wish list posting on the Blogs (Dolphin 6.2, Ray 3.6, Orca 2.1 Now In Works)

Quote · 17 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.