ATTN: Anyone at Boonex - part 2

Quote · 11 Mar 2014

We've added the "Explore" page again with simple categories lists - http://www.boonex.com/market/labels

Also, when you select, say, "Administration" category you get all types of listings filtered to this category, but then you can click "see all" to see all of these type listings in Administration category. So, if you go to "Latest" - you get all products in Administration category arranged by latest first.  This seems to work correctly to me. 

Not sure about clearing selected filters on reload, too. Imagine someone using pagination and clicking though the list and coming back only to see the list change? Perhaps we should just make the filter labels more prominent, or add a "title" for current browse result?

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

Hello Andrew, since you are here.  While off-topic but related to the market, the little square beside the buy button tells nothing about what it is for until you click on it.  I will be very much surprised if Vendors don't end up having to repetitively tell new buyers were to click to down the module.  When I first saw it, I thought to myself "I wonder what this button does".  Luckily pressing the button did not send up any nuclear missiles :-).

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

Yep, it's not very obvious, but we hope that the extra "download" button at the bottom, download link in the purchase email and the fact that Free modules "buy" button effectively works as Download button as well would all help to balance the issue. A little menu like that is typical for mobile app stores, which should also help clients to do the guesswork without too much strain. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

Even after reading all the posts about how the market is screwed up now, I still had a hard time finding the downoad button after purchase - I kept waiting for that Buy button to change to Download. And having to search to download after purchase is not a good idea. the download should be prominently placed for users after successful purchase, not having users scroll and look all over the place for the download button. And that lil square with the lines - that needs to go. It is counterproductive. You are making things harder for users instead of easier.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

Even after reading all the posts about how the market is screwed up now, I still had a hard time finding the downoad button after purchase - I kept waiting for that Buy button to change to Download. And having to search to download after purchase is not a good idea. the download should be prominently placed for users after successful purchase, not having users scroll and look all over the place for the download button. And that lil square with the lines - that needs to go. It is counterproductive. You are making things harder for users instead of easier.

HEAR! HEAR!

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

If you will change the button to download then how people are supposed to buy another copy? Everything can't be stuffed in your browser's viewport thats why some wise man had the idea of a scroll bar. I am not saying the layout can't be improved or its perfect. But for me it isn't that bad.

so much to do....
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

simply displaying the download button after purchase - like it is in the dolphin store module - next to the buy now button after successful purchase. I was not saying replace the buy now with the download, just make the download an above the fold, obviously visible item after successful purchase.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

It's coming.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

We've added the "Explore" page again with simple categories lists - http://www.boonex.com/market/labels

Thanks for reply.

Honestly I didn't even see even after you mentioned it. It's on the very top menu, but user usually scrolling page down just after clicking "Market" menu. From my point of view, it should change to Explore just after you picked a category.

Or just put this Explore button on more visible place.

On "Explore" page you still can't select only "Paid" or only "Free", or other filters".  

"Collections" link goes to "Motives" and page is broken.

"Providers".... well, it has been discussed already. I'm still voting for "Vendors" or "Developers".

Also I think it would be not bad idea to order "tags" dropdown alphabetically, not random.  

But usability still on the first place.

Not sure about clearing selected filters on reload, too. Imagine someone using pagination and clicking though the list and coming back only to see the list change? Perhaps we should just make the filter labels more prominent, or add a "title" for current browse result?

I guess making these filters to work as a simple form with "GET" method, and not fancy-jquery, could help to avoid the most of  confuses.

I remember how modules sales was really good back to 2011..2012 and then sharply cut off after interface changes and licenses system logic changed...

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

@ Andrew Boon

What I am suggesting, is a way to call attention to good ideas that can be made even better by community input, and then have a better chance of coming to life. It can't happen in the forums.... p>
Well, it does sound like a solid idea to me, and we'll look into how we can implement it effectively.

It's been two months Andrew. What are you waiting for? The community desperately needs this. Dolphin needs this. I can feel my IQ lowering as I contemplate some of the market products being introduced as of late.... and  one more variant of the groups module just might send me over the edge.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 1 May 2014

Actually blogs are alive... with recent features we added:

- users can subscribe to the persons they found interesting and will receive notification about new content including blog posts

- we include interesting blog posts in digest emails

so ideas can be posted in blogs and if it is interesting it will get more attention through digest email

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 5 May 2014

RE:

Actually blogs are alive... with recent features we added:

No Alex.... blogs are dead. Trust me on this one.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 5 May 2014

Wow, I thought only Andrew could post blogs now.. I haven't seen another members blog in years. They must be hidden pretty well.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 5 May 2014

Ok, I just found them. They are so well hidden they have spam from 5 months ago which means the Boonex staff doesn't even look at them. Links to Kpop mp3s and Kpop radio stations. I'm pretty sure user "manishboyz" should be deleted along with his blog posts since he (and his site) have nothing to do with Dolphin.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 5 May 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.