Coupons Mod Support (Modzzz)

This is the support forum for the Coupons mod.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
11 Aug 2011

Version 2.0.1 released. (see patches/version_2.0.1 folder for instructions)

Fixes issue with members not being able to print coupons.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
11 Aug 2011

great news... thanks,

I have customers waiting for this... They love it.

dont suppose........ you are interested in the custom work on this????

11 Aug 2011

This patch doesnt work with internet explorer. I can cut the coupons fine in firefox. But I need this to work in Ie.

I have clients comming to the site on monday that can make or break my business, and this mod that they are interested in isnt working.  If there is no patch that makes this work in ie then I will probably have to remove it and loose the business.

Also, is there any chance of getting the custom work or at least the category maniplatuion done?

Nathan

12 Aug 2011

I did respond to your email saying the issue would be investigated. Regarding custom work, please discuss that via PM.

This patch doesnt work with internet explorer. I can cut the coupons fine in firefox. But I need this to work in Ie.

I have clients comming to the site on monday that can make or break my business, and this mod that they are interested in isnt working.  If there is no patch that makes this work in ie then I will probably have to remove it and loose the business.

Also, is there any chance of getting the custom work or at least the category maniplatuion done?

Nathan

13 Aug 2011

Version 2.0.2 released. (see patches/version_2.0.2 folder for instructions)

Fixes IE browser issue with printing coupons.

13 Aug 2011

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

13 Aug 2011

How do you change the categories and subcategories lists in this module?

5 Sep 2011

Check the Admin section of the mod.

How do you change the categories and subcategories lists in this module?

5 Sep 2011

I did check there and there is no place to add, change or delete categories.

6 Sep 2011

I went and looked also and did not see any place to change them either did I miss something?

Csampson
7 Sep 2011

To have the categories and sub categories will require custom work for which I have paid and am still waiting.... Oh, and please can we get this thing to work with ie, as we still cant clip coupons in explorer which does render this unuseable for us.

Thanks,

7 Sep 2011

Correct, the admin link is missing. Update will be provided shortly.

I did check there and there is no place to add, change or delete categories.

7 Sep 2011

A patch was already released for the IE issue.

To have the categories and sub categories will require custom work for which I have paid and am still waiting.... Oh, and please can we get this thing to work with ie, as we still cant clip coupons in explorer which does render this unuseable for us.

Thanks,

15 Sep 2011

Version 2.0.3 released. (see patches/version_2.0.3 folder for instructions)

Adds missing Admin Category management section.

15 Sep 2011

Pre-sale

Hi Modzzz
 I have some questions. 

- When creating a new coupon is there Quantity option too?
- Can it be integrated with your Credit Mod?  allowing a membership level to pay with credist for posting a new coupon AND a membership level (or public) to pay with credits for "download" (Get) the coupon?
- Instead of Print it, we want to e-mail user and copuon owner with the invoice with a voucher number instead of bar code.  In case of internal mail issue, the invoice can be found in some transaction history?

28 Sep 2011

RESPONSE : No, but this is a good idea. It will be added.

- Can it be integrated with your Credit Mod?  allowing a membership level to pay with credist for posting a new coupon AND a membership level (or public) to pay with credits for "download" (Get) the coupon?

RESPONSE : This can be done as a customization

- Instead of Print it, we want to e-mail user and copuon owner with the invoice with a voucher number instead of bar code.  In case of internal mail issue, the invoice can be found in some transaction history?

RESPONSE : This can be done as a customization

Pre-sale

Hi Modzzz
 I have some questions. 

28 Sep 2011

Version 2.0.4 released. (see patches/version_2.0.4 folder for instructions)

Adds the ability to optionally limit the total Quantity of Coupons available. After this Quantity is exhausted, the Coupon automatically expires.

Adds the ability to optionally limit the Quantity of a particular Coupon that can be printed by the same person.

20 Oct 2011

Version 2.0.5 released. (see patches/version_2.0.5 folder for instructions)

Adds Print Counter to Coupon to prevent cheating by Printing once then Photo Copying

Adds integration with Business Listings mod - When posting a Coupon, you can now select the Company from existing Business Listings. On the Business Listing view page, there is now a block to display all Coupons posted by that company. 

27 Oct 2011

WoooooooHooooooo Great idea for integration to the business listing module..........

Csampson
27 Oct 2011

I have installed the Coupons 2.0.5 patch, and cleared the cache, and do not see the block in the Business listing in the Page Builder. I also checked the screen where you add a coupon, and do not see where you select the business from a list of businesses.

help!

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
29 Oct 2011

Did you also applied the latest business listings mod update ? After applying the business listings patch, there will be a setting in the Admin section for the Business mod that will allow you to turn on/off Coupon integration.

I have installed the Coupons 2.0.5 patch, and cleared the cache, and do not see the block in the Business listing in the Page Builder. I also checked the screen where you add a coupon, and do not see where you select the business from a list of businesses.

help!

30 Oct 2011

are you able to provide fix for the following:-

1. Coupons being able to adjust in size ? i.e growing/shrinking depending on page block size ?

2. instead of price showing 00.00  if price is not set, have the ability to show a discount percentage  for such coupons ?

3. the choice to set how many featured coupons are shown in featured block ?

4. the coupon icon/picture visable on the 'view coupon' page rather than just text ?

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
30 Oct 2011

I will apply patch on listings , thanks

Did you also applied the latest business listings mod update ? After applying the business listings patch, there will be a setting in the Admin section for the Business mod that will allow you to turn on/off Coupon integration.

help!

30 Oct 2011

I cannot find where to add coupon to featured listing

7 Nov 2011

My bad. Figured it out

7 Nov 2011

When logged in as Administrator, go to the view page for the Coupon and you will see the "Add to Featured" button in the Actions block.

7 Nov 2011

I have just udated this mod.I uploaded modules\modzzz\coupons\install, modules\modzzz\coupons\classes, and modules\modzzz\coupons\templates.The uploaded sqlupdate.php to my dolphin root, recompiled language(s) and cleaned cache.The result is a database query error. Please help

7 Nov 2011

date shows as 1999 is date is not selected

thanks in advance ;)

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
17 Nov 2011

You mentioned this already. The issue is already addressed in the latest patch that is being prepared for release.

thanks in advance ;)

17 Nov 2011

Hello Modzzz,

Please can you also add the ability for coupons to re-size etc ?

it makes it hard when designing and adjusting pages related to coupons with the coupons being stuck to one size!   I dont think this would just benefit myself but everyone....

Thanks in advance

You mentioned this already. The issue is already addressed in the latest patch that is being prepared for release.

thanks in advance ;)

27 Nov 2011

another issue for example would be when users look at 'recent coupons' the coupons are all one size and stuck to the left side of the page !   There is more 'white unused space' on the page then content .....

Hello Modzzz,

it makes it hard when designing and adjusting pages related to coupons with the coupons being stuck to one size!   I dont think this would just benefit myself but everyone....

Thanks in advance

thanks in advance ;)

27 Nov 2011

The mod has css files that allows you to adjust the size. Due to the layout, I cannot allow automatic resize. If you want to use smaller columns, then you have to also adjust the layout itself.

Hello Modzzz,

Thanks in advance

thanks in advance ;)

27 Nov 2011

Version 2.0.6 released. (see patches/version_2.0.6 folder for instructions)

Fixes date display when no expiration date is entered.

Allows flexibility in Price so a percentage discount etc can be added.

Coupon Icon is now visible on the 'view coupon' page.

Adds the ability for Administrator to set the number of Featured Coupons to display.

Adds the ability to drill-down local Coupons by Category.

30 Nov 2011

I added a coupon to test it and found no way to edit it after it was added is this correct?  So if a person starts a coupon they must finish it and make no adjustments to it if there is a mistake in the coupon?  No way to start it think about come back later and finish it?  Or if a mistake is found correct it without starting over is that correct? 

I can think of a couple reasons why this might be true just want to be sure.......

Csampson
5 Dec 2011

Hi Modzzz;

A couple of suggestion, perhaps it is already part of the mod;

Does this mod allow members to place their company logo or images to be placed the coupons?

It would also be great if during print the Website where the coupon got generated is printed some where on the coupon, which would be terrific to promote the website and in turn make the business owner aware of where this coupon was printed from.

15 Dec 2011

The Coupons mod is already integrated with the business listings , and the business listings are also integrated with the jobs mod also.  Download the latest of each mod and update them to get the functionality.  You must have the latest versions of each for it to work properly!!!

Hi Modzzz;

Does this mod allow members to place their company logo or images to be placed the coupons?

It would also be great if during print the Website where the coupon got generated is printed some where on the coupon, which would be terrific to promote the website and in turn make the business owner aware of where this coupon was printed from.

15 Dec 2011

But are these suggestions also part of it?

Can I place my logo or a product image on the coupon?

Does the coupon print out with MY website URL on it at the bottom. Here I am talking about the website where business listing is, not the businesses URL. Hope I am making sense.

The Coupons mod is already integrated with the business listings , and the business listings are also integrated with the jobs mod also.  Download the latest of each mod and update them to get the functionality.  You must have the latest versions of each for it to work properly!!!

Hi Modzzz;

15 Dec 2011

Those suggestions are already a part of the mod.

But are these suggestions also part of it?

Can I place my logo or a product image on the coupon?

Does the coupon print out with MY website URL on it at the bottom. Here I am talking about the website where business listing is, not the businesses URL. Hope I am making sense.

Hi Modzzz;

16 Dec 2011

Great mod. Thanks.

Seems a bit different that the Terms Of Use dhow bigger then the description of the coupon. I just thought it would make more sense to at least have the Terms a bit smaller, making the coupon esthetically pleasing to the eye. Just a thought.

19 Dec 2011

A suggestion; when displaying the coupon in the various Blocks (Featured, Recent etc) is it possible to just show a small image (that was loaded by member), Price and The Link to the coupon, rather then showing a full size coupon with those cut out dotted lines, which take up so much room on the block.

Then within the same space we could have 3 to 4 coupons showing, a lot more effective and attractive I think.

Unless of course there an admin setting which I have missed.

25 Dec 2011

I added a Coupon to the site. made the coupon unavailable to non members. When I visited the site as a guest, I clicked on the coupon tab and the screen that showed had 2 blocks on it, Featured and Recent. Both these blocks were empty.

When I clicked on the Sub Menu of Recent, I was able to view the Coupon, of course I could do nothing else with it (which was correct).

My observation; why it was not visible on the Coupon Home page where Recent Block is also placed.

26 Dec 2011

What I am trying to say here is that if member, it does not show to a members on places like home page, coupon home page.

Shows only if it is public to both members & non members.

I added a Coupon to the site. made the coupon unavailable to non members. When I visited the site as a guest, I clicked on the coupon tab and the screen that showed had 2 blocks on it, Featured and Recent. Both these blocks were empty.

When I clicked on the Sub Menu of Recent, I was able to view the Coupon, of course I could do nothing else with it (which was correct).

My observation; why it was not visible on the Coupon Home page where Recent Block is also placed.

26 Dec 2011

This is typical Dolphin functionality where only public items are displayed on site homepage and module homepage. However, I do agree that items with member view access should also be displayed to logged in members and I have actually started to adjust my modules to reflect this more logical approach. I hope future versions of Dolphin will do likewise too.

What I am trying to say here is that if member, it does not show to a members on places like home page, coupon home page.

27 Dec 2011

I thank you for understanding. I look forward to the next version of all your mods.

This is typical Dolphin functionality where only public items are displayed on site homepage and module homepage. However, I do agree that items with member view access should also be displayed to logged in members and I have actually started to adjust my modules to reflect this more logical approach. I hope future versions of Dolphin will do likewise too.

27 Dec 2011

All mods have a Search block on the mods home page, this one does not? Is there  a reason?

30 Dec 2011

Is there a way to place a small Print Button on the coupon itself? Right now one has to click on the title of the coupon, which takes you to the coupon display page, it is here you ave to go to "Clip Coupon' to initiate the print process.

What would be great is to have the ability to print from anywhere on the site a coupon I find.

Another enhancement hat might also be beneficial is to have a listing of the coupons rather then displaying such a big coupon, so all you would have is $10 For Vacation for two in London - so only the amount and main title to show and when you click it takes you to the coupon page or print?

Just thoughts and looking for feedback

16 Jan 2012

Is there a way to place a small Print Button on the coupon itself? Right now one has to click on the title of the coupon, which takes you to the coupon display page, it is here you ave to go to "Clip Coupon' to initiate the print process.

What would be great is to have the ability to print from anywhere on the site a coupon I find.

Another enhancement hat might also be beneficial is to have a listing of the coupons rather then displaying such a big coupon, so all you would have is $10 For Vacation for two in London - so only the amount and main title to show and when you click it takes you to the coupon page or print?

I have suggested this too in the past. I think this would be a gerat addition to the mod.

16 Jan 2012

I agree.
 This module is just awesome, but the Coupon Size is destroying all the great job.
 Would be perfect if it also could be integrated to Mobile App,

21 Jan 2012

Surprisingly there is no My Coupons Block in the Profile Page Builder. Is that by design?

7 Feb 2012

There is a Coupons block on Profile page. It is inactive by default.

Surprisingly there is no My Coupons Block in the Profile Page Builder. Is that by design?

7 Feb 2012
Whats new on this last update?
17 Feb 2012

Which last update are you referring to ?

Whats new on this last update?

17 Feb 2012
 It is about today's updates. It shows in BoonEx Market page in Updates session. Coupons and Premium Club are on the top list.
17 Feb 2012

Patches will be posted.

It is about today's updates. It shows in BoonEx Market page in Updates session. Coupons and Premium Club are on the top list.

17 Feb 2012

ok, I saw the new changes.  And it is great! 

Modzzz made the integration of Coupons mod with Premium Clubs mod.   This is awesome!
The updates is done here and everything went smoothly well.
Thank you very much Modzzz.

I coundn't find the action button "Add Coupon" and "Coupons" tab menu in Premium Clubs.  Is it not there or I just didn't do the updates properly?
Also, since I will allow only Clubs to add Coupons, I need to make mandatory the "Ofered by Club" and hide (remove block) the Business Details in Coupons form.  But I can't find them in Admin > Page Builder.

Can you give us a help?
Once again, thank you for this integration.Laughing 

19 Feb 2012

I completely agree with this. I took me 10 minutes to find how/where to print the coupon!

Modzzz made the integration of Coupons mod with Premium Clubs mod. This is awesome!
The updates is done here and everything went smoothly well.
Thank you very much Modzzz.

Well, you can thank me too since I paid him to do it!

In any case, I just got around to testing this and there appears to be a bug.

1) Coupon block does not work on the homepage.

I have not  fully tested everything and will post other bugs as they occur. Also, where is the modify coupon option? I could not find that anywhere.

By the way, this doesn't seem to be integrated as we discussed and is causing other issues. I will pm you the details shortly.

23 Feb 2012

Thank you 

I still can't find the action buttom for "Add Coupom" and the tab menu "Coupoms"... Both in the Premium Club.  

24 Feb 2012

Any chance to fix the Broadcast issue with this mod please. My project depends on this feature please.

1 Apr 2012

Thank You, Jerome. most grateful.

Any chance to fix the Broadcast issue with this mod please. My project depends on this feature please.

16 Apr 2012

What would it take to add a members coupon to more then one category?

16 Apr 2012

The existing categories functionality will have to be replaced. PM me for customization quote.

What would it take to add a members coupon to more then one category?

16 Apr 2012

Is it possible to set the discount as a percentage off. ex:

20% of Lunch at Joe's Cafe.

or would my users have to type that into the info box and leave the dollar amount blank?

11 May 2012
I have noticed when you "Clip Voucher", the expiry date is not appearing on the finished voucher. Please advise on how to fix this. Cheers
31 May 2012

1) Can't delete coupon from admin section because there is no checkbox

2) Coupon expires, does not show up in admin section, obviously it's not showing up on front end of site. How does this get deleted?

Of course this can be manually deleted from the db....but, that's not the proper way to do things. Furthermore, you would have to go through all the photos, tags, and anything else that goes with it.

I would appreciate instructions on how / where to add a checkbox.

24 Jul 2012

Noted. Both will be added and a patch released in a couple of days.

1) Can't delete coupon from admin section because there is no checkbox

2) Coupon expires, does not show up in admin section, obviously it's not showing up on front end of site. How does this get deleted?

Of course this can be manually deleted from the db....but, that's not the proper way to do things. Furthermore, you would have to go through all the photos, tags, and anything else that goes with it.

I would appreciate instructions on how / where to add a checkbox.

25 Jul 2012

Ok, thanks. I know mine is slightly modified, so when you do this, can you please add the fix in a notepad and send it over? Would appreciate it.

25 Jul 2012

Perhaps there should be a tab to view "expired" coupons in admin section?

25 Jul 2012

Yes, the tab has been added and will be a part of the next update.

Perhaps there should be a tab to view "expired" coupons in admin section?

25 Jul 2012

Noted. Both will be added and a patch released in a couple of days

It's been a week. Can you tell me the status on this?

2 Aug 2012

Hi Modzzz,

I'm having a little trouble getting the module set up.

I have done everything up until editing the permissions on /modules/modzzz/coupons/media/images/data to 777. I cannot find the .htaccess file to make the changes.

I am running 7.0.8

I am also having trouble with setting the expiry date. When I click on the box nothing happens and it wont allow me to type to date either. 

Thank you

MeMe 

30 Aug 2012

Me again,

Sorry just a couple more questions please.

I need to change County to City, where can i find the template to do this?

I also need to change the predefined list for state, can this be done via the mod?

Thanks

MeMe

30 Aug 2012

I seem to be having the same error on my whole site now regarding the date option. The select date on the registration form is also not working.

Please I need to get this sorted out urgently.

Thanks

30 Aug 2012

Thank you for all of your support.

MeMe

1 Sep 2012

hi modzzz....

I dont suppose you or anyone else can point me in the direction of the css (and its location) to change the size of the coupon?

I know its under root/modules/modzzz/coupons/class or classes? but where do i go from there?

Thanks,

Nathan .

9 Sep 2012

The CSS file would be modules\modzzz\coupons\templates\base\css\unit.css

hi modzzz....

I dont suppose you or anyone else can point me in the direction of the css (and its location) to change the size of the coupon?

I know its under root/modules/modzzz/coupons/class or classes? but where do i go from there?

Thanks,

Nathan .

11 Sep 2012

Thanks dude...... awsome : )

11 Sep 2012

Ok... so  had a go at altering the css... no change though. Have cleared cache etc....

Please, please, please jerome....... what css must I change to cheange the size of the coupons....

Nathan ; )

21 Sep 2012

Where do you want to make the change ? For the regular Coupon listing or for the printing ?

Ok... so  had a go at altering the css... no change though. Have cleared cache etc....

Please, please, please jerome....... what css must I change to cheange the size of the coupons....

Nathan ; )

24 Sep 2012

For the regular coupon listing. It is ok for them to print large, but I need to make them smaller on the site so that they fit in better on pages such as listings view.

25 Sep 2012

Download the latest version of the mod. The layout was changed in the latest updates.

For the regular coupon listing. It is ok for them to print large, but I need to make them smaller on the site so that they fit in better on pages such as listings view.

25 Sep 2012
28 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.