Does somebody have info about tboulley - part 2

Quote · 31 Aug 2015

My only interest in this instance is the truth .

For sure.  I definitely was wrong on the MobiRise terms, but it was out of my incompetency rather than trying to create something out of nothing.  However, I've dealt with him personally and just feel that he didn't represent himself properly.  

Even though I didn't start this topic, it wasn't right for me to put him on blast like i did. Clearly I'm biased here and shouldn't be a source for a decision.  Apologies Boonex if I made the forum-sphere a little dramatic the past couple days.  I'll just stick to being a customer versus a contributor here on out. :) Cheers.

Quote · 31 Aug 2015

There is not much information I plan to provide other than this is not the first instance nor the first suspension regarding this member. A decision was made by Andrew and with that:

Nothing to see here
Quote · 31 Aug 2015

"Can we, the community know why tboulley was permanently suspended?"

I have unlocked this topic again just to comment on this. 

1. We don't have any issues witht the vendor personally.

2. We always try to maintain accounts active and operations flowing - it is in our best interest to keep everyone happy and busy working on all-things-Dolphin.

3. A lot of end-clients perceive market vendors as a group and also as part of Boonex. Many will even ask us to assist with the products, refunds, etc. So, all vendors carry responsibility of representing not only themselves, but the whole community. 

4. We believe in "customer-first" mantra. It's not about whether vendor (or Boonex) is right or wrong. It's about whether end-client is happy or not. If client is not happy - it's wrong. Boonex approach is to never mistreat end-clients. We expect vendors to do the same, and if they don't - they would have to be distanced from Boonex.

5. Treating a client in respectful, professional manner is a strict requirement. This is the number one thing we look into in any dispute. Licensing, technical specifics, timing, accuracy, financials - all those things amount to just under 1% of attention we give in an issue. The rest is communication. If we can verify that a vendor fails communication with a client, acting unprofessionally, this would be enough ground for permanent suspension. 

6. Even if a client is behaving unprofessionally, threatening, insulting, etc. a vendor should not reciprocate in the same manner. Vendor-client relationship is not equal.  This does not mean that refunds should be issued in every case, but this does mean that if a client says "you're a stupid moron", vendor should reply - "it's unfortunate that you're unhappy... let me know specifics of your issue and I'll try to assist", or at the very least - "We can't assist you in this matter any further. Have a nice day".

Can't get over your ego? You have no business being a business.

It's OK to vent in forums, attacking issues, not persons. It's OK to have your own policies, vision and opinion. It's not OK to engage in personal confrontation with clients within Boonex site and community. 

-----

As for licensing and copyright issues...

These are complicated and can be different in every case. A lot of software products rely on other products. Whenever we receive a complaint from copyright holder - we act on it. 

As for our own software - we use a lot of third-party components as well, always dutifully adhering to licensing requirements - referencing or paying for applicable license when required, and as required. It is our responsibility to not pass on any copyright issues to our end-clients and therefore we take very good care of this ourselves. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 1 Sep 2015

So once again andrew your clients have been let down and are now not able to access the apparently expensive software that was purchased 

this point has been discussed in the forum over the last couple of months some say back it up some say store it somewhere .

Would it not be convenient for all concerned if the product was stored in your history rather than a link to the product that is tethered to the nonexistent vendors account .

the malleable software with a versatile dolphin nice touch Andrew  . 

Quote · 1 Sep 2015

We have made it possible to download from suspended Vendors, but if Vendors pull their products themselves - nothing we can do. We can't and won't "hold" the products for various legal implications.

What we can do is integrate Dropbox API for buyer to be able to download to their Dropbox accounts for extra backup. What do you think?

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 1 Sep 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.