IBDW Profile Cover - Support

This is the official support forum for the module IBDW Profile Cover

http://www.boonex.com/m/profile-s-cover

profile cover

profilecover2.jpg · 97.5K · 525 views
See my products at http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ilbellodelweb | Hosting: zarconia.net
17 May 2013

Looks great!

Will it be available for older site versions?

17 May 2013

no Problems to install, but he Shows the real names of members instead of the nickname

17 May 2013

Looks great!

Will it be available for older site versions?

Only for D7.1 (D7.1.0 and next)

See my products at http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ilbellodelweb | Hosting: zarconia.net
17 May 2013

no Problems to install, but he Shows the real names of members instead of the nickname

Released the fix, thanks for this report Alfred.

Download the update (1.0.1), then:

upload the following items from this file zip:

1) change_album.php

2) profile_core.php

3) folder "upload"

4) folder "install"

5) folder "templates"

then recompile the languages.

18 May 2013

with the update will i have the option to choose from real name or nickname?

I like to use real name!

18 May 2013

I like to use real name!

The module auto-recognizes the name format from the settings (Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Profiles -> Member display-name).

Also, we have added another fix to this module (1.0.2).

If you have already installed the ver 1.0.1, you must only overwrite the file profile_core.php and empty the cache.

18 May 2013

I like to use real name!

The module auto-recognizes the name format from the settings (Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Profiles -> Member display-name).

If you have already installed the ver 1.0.1, you must only overwrite the file profile_core.php and empty the cache.

Another minor update (1.0.3). This version displays the link "ADS" correclty (the ver. 1.0.2 dont recognizes the language key for the ads link).

You can only upload the file "profile_cover.php"

20 May 2013

"profile_cover.php" Do you mean " profile_core.php "

I like to use real name!

Another minor update (1.0.3). This version displays the link "ADS" correclty (the ver. 1.0.2 dont recognizes the language key for the ads link).

21 May 2013

Yes, sorry

"profile_cover.php" Do you mean " profile_core.php "

I like to use real name!

21 May 2013

Another update, no reinstaill requeired if you have already installed the version 1.0.3.

You can only overwrite the files:

• profile_core.php
  • change_album.php
  • upload/upload.php
  • install/config.php

This update solves the bug for the Ads and Polls links.

Also we have added a new feature that allows to save the hash (the image reference) into the notifications in order to display every change for the cover into the module IBDW EvoWall.

21 May 2013

New feature!

today we have added to the Profile Cover ver. 1.0.5 (because we have received many requests) a new important feature:

the position of the cover is stored on the notification and this allows the module IBDW EvoWall to display the image with the same position set for the cover (this require also the update of EvoWall to the version 1.4.1)

If you have already installed Profile Core version 1.0.4, you have only to overwrite the files and to recompile the language.

22 May 2013

So, with Profile Cover update 1.0.5, we only need to replace the one  Profilecore.php file?

Then recompile language.

then clear cache.

Vunderba..... Challenge Yourself to be the Best...... Hosting from Zarconia.net
22 May 2013

Just lost my third and fourth column tucked under the 2nd column when I updated the Profile cover? Now I have to search this forum for the fix, that will take a hour or two of my life. lol

23 May 2013

Just lost my third and fourth column tucked under the 2nd column when I updated the Profile cover? Now I have to search this forum for the fix, that will take a hour or two of my life. lol

Fiexed the issue with the updates for Profile Cover (1.0.6) and EvoWall (1.4.2)

About Profile Cover, if you have installed the ver 1.0.5 you must only overwrite the files:

• profilecover.php
  • profile_core.php
  • change_album.php
  • fragment.php
  • the languages files into ibdw/profilecover/install/langs

Then recompile the languages and empty the cache.

Thanks for this report

23 May 2013

Looks good, issue fixed with last update. Also the color of text is correct in EvoWall. Worthy to note, if you have customized membership, then you may need to go into each membership and check that they have access. In my case, all memberships except Standard needed to be reauthorized to access the Evowall. I did a full reinstall.

One issue I am still having is the ability to delete or share a post made when someone changes their Profile Cover. Not sure if that is a EvoWall issue or a Profile cover. I can delete and share other posts in Evowall.

25 May 2013

Looks good, issue fixed with last update. Also the color of text is correct in EvoWall. Worthy to note, if you have customized membership, then you may need to go into each membership and check that they have access. In my case, all memberships except Standard needed to be reauthorized to access the Evowall. I did a full reinstall.

One issue I am still having is the ability to delete or share a post made when someone changes their Profile Cover. Not sure if that is a EvoWall issue or a Profile cover. I can delete and share other posts in Evowall.

Released ProfileCover 1.0.7, if you have already installed the ver. 1.0.6 you can only overwrite the files and empty the cache.

About this version:

- the owner and the administrator can remove the post about the cover added by a profile

- we have added the button for the sites section

PS: the cover sharing is not a feature added because the profile cover is a private content, so the sharing is not possible.

28 May 2013

Maybe a tip to get the cover also working for events / groups?
Just like Facebook pages people can set a cover for a group or event...

29 May 2013

Maybe a tip to get the cover also working for events / groups?
Just like Facebook pages people can set a cover for a group or event...

It's under construction the module GroupCover. We are waiting the release of Dolphin 7.1.3 because there is a bug on the Group spy alerts as you can see here: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/3189

31 May 2013

Hello, I can say upgrade order? I bit behind :-(

These are the versions that I have installed:

Dolphin 7.0.9

1Col version 5.0

3Col version 5.0

EVO Wall - News Feed version 1.0.6

Megaprofile version 5.6

Mobile Wall version 2.0.3

Photo Deluxe version 5.4

And just bought IBDW PROFILECOVER 1.0.7 and naturally does not work.

I think first I have to upgrade to 7.1.2 Dolphin

But I have to uninstall all your modules? yes / no?

Dolphin I can upgrade without uninstalling your modules? yes / no?

thanks

3 Jun 2013

Hello, I can say upgrade order? I bit behind :-(

These are the versions that I have installed:

Dolphin 7.0.9

1Col version 5.0

3Col version 5.0

EVO Wall - News Feed version 1.0.6

Megaprofile version 5.6

Mobile Wall version 2.0.3

Photo Deluxe version 5.4

And just bought IBDW PROFILECOVER 1.0.7 and naturally does not work.

I think first I have to upgrade to 7.1.2 Dolphin

But I have to uninstall all your modules? yes / no?

Dolphin I can upgrade without uninstalling your modules? yes / no?

thanks

Yes, to use the Profile Cover you must upgrade to D7.1.X, as you can see on the market post.

Your modules versions (EvoWall, PhotoDeluxe, 1Col, ecc..) are very old.

I suggest to upgrade these modules after the upgrade to D7.1.X

Also, today we have uploaded a little fix (Profile Core 1.0.8) that solve the problem of the box height when you choose a photo from the cover album. To apply this fix, you must only overwrite the folder "templates" of this module.

4 Jun 2013

Recommendation that the Profile cover menu should be titled My Friends, My Photos, My Files, My Ads, My Events, My Locations, My Store, Etc. Members are confusing the main menu and the My menu

In addition, if you have the profile cover, should be able to eliminate the submenu as a option in the profile page. Having the top menu, the sub menu, and the profile cover menu just confuses the members. That's why it is important to eliminate the sub menu and change the title to the profile menu as stated above.

Another improvement would be to add My Timeline to profile cover, because once the header submenu is removed that would no longer available.

If this is something that someone else has noticed. Did you find the fix for this to happen.

vprofile shot.png · 805.8K · 472 views
9 Aug 2013

From september will consider the suggestion of this summer. Always thanks.

Today we have released a new update for Profile's Cover (ver. 1.0.9).

On this version the button "select" (for the image upload) can be translated on all the languages (you have added to the module language files).

If you have already installed the ver 1.0.8, you can overwrite the file profilecover.php and the folder "install".

Then recompile the module languages.

NB: we have also updated the module Group's Cover for the same reason.

17 Aug 2013

Was able to change the block titles in the Admin>Builder>Navigation menu> Red My Profile. Used those blocks to get language keys then went to Admin>Settings> Language Key> copied Language Key for block and checked block. Changed the Language Keys String Text for each item listed under My Profile.  Then needed to adjust the page or eliminate blocks so that they fit properly. Also changed the top navigational menu, so it doesn't look like its a duplicate blocks. Now the Profile Cover blocks do not seem like duplicates.

Newblocktitles.png · 1M · 464 views
22 Aug 2013

Is there a way to remove the boxes in cover such as "subscribe" "unfriend" and such.  These are really redundant and we should have the option to take them off.  Also as you can see by the picture the buttons are not updating.  For instance this profile is subscribed so the cover icon should say unsubscribed like the action block.  

Cover.png · 479K · 412 views
It's a great day!
31 Aug 2013

Is there a way to remove the boxes in cover such as "subscribe" "unfriend" and such.  These are really redundant and we should have the option to take them off.  Also as you can see by the picture the buttons are not updating.  For instance this profile is subscribed so the cover icon should say unsubscribed like the action block.  

Released Profile's Cover 1.1.0.

About this update:

1) now after the page reload, the subscription button is updated as for the default action menu (of Dolphin)

2) the thumbnail support the new member thumbnails settings (that allows you to have a thumb also without to install the module avatar)

If you have already installed the ver 1.0.9 of this mod you can only overwrite the following files:

- profile_core.php

- profilecover\templates\base\css\style.css

3 Sep 2013

I updated the script last night.. now when I woke up I have over 60 database errors. Here is what it shows:

Database error in Chamber Theory

Query:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys_sbs_entries WHERE subscriber_id= AND object_id=104 AND (subscription_id=3 OR subscription_id=4 OR subscription_id=5)

Mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND object_id=104 AND (subscription_id=3 OR subscription_id=4 OR subscription_id' at line 1

Found error in the file '/home/chamber1/public_html/modules/ibdw/profilecover/profile_core.php' at line 33.
Called 'db_value' function with erroneous argument #0.

4 Sep 2013

I updated the script last night.. now when I woke up I have over 60 database errors. Here is what it shows:

Database error in Chamber Theory

Query:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys_sbs_entries WHERE subscriber_id= AND object_id=104 AND (subscription_id=3 OR subscription_id=4 OR subscription_id=5)

Mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND object_id=104 AND (subscription_id=3 OR subscription_id=4 OR subscription_id' at line 1

Found error in the file '/home/chamber1/public_html/modules/ibdw/profilecover/profile_core.php' at line 33.
Called 'db_value' function with erroneous argument #0.

You see this error because the into the query is missed a value:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys_sbs_entries WHERE subscriber_id= ??????? THIS VALUE IS NOT SPECIFIED

So, the variable value is lost on the script.

Make sure you have uploaded all the files correctly, if the problem is still present, contact us via email for a direct check on your site.

5 Sep 2013

I have moved this block into a full-width column on my profile page, and now I want to resize the cover to fill the entire area.  Where & how can we change this?  Also, there isn't an information dialogue box displaying file guidelines (file type & size restrictions) for users when uploading their cover image.

This also has been asked earlier without an answer - can you provide us with a "how-to customize the navigation buttons"?  

Jethro

13 Sep 2013

Hello!

What are the instructions to install this new version making an upgrade from the previous version?

There is no instructions about this in the readme file.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Peter

16 Sep 2013

If you have already installed the ver 1.0.9 of this mod you can only overwrite the following files:

- profile_core.php

- profilecover\templates\base\css\style.css

I uploaded these new files. But in the admin module keeps showing up as version 1.0.9

The update I did is correct? How do I display the version 1.10 in admin? so I can have a better control over the versions of my modules.

Thanks

16 Sep 2013

You would need to uninstall module in the Admin Panel of the dolphin site and then reinstall. Make sure you copy down or have the Activation codes, sometimes they need to be reinputed to make module work.

22 Sep 2013

I was having a issue with my Outline, Avatar posts to outline stopped working. I noticed in timeline module that the Avatar post and comments was not listed in the Outline available options, but Avatars were previously posting to the Outline. I read in forums that to try and uninstall the module and reinstall it to replenish the list of options. When I tried to uninstall the Avatar module, it failed. The reason is that the Profile cover relies on the Avatar module and that Profile Cover module would have to be uninstalled prior to uninstalling Avatar module. So my question is why is the Profile cover relying on the Avatar module?

10 Oct 2013

I was having a issue with my Outline, Avatar posts to outline stopped working. I noticed in timeline module that the Avatar post and comments was not listed in the Outline available options, but Avatars were previously posting to the Outline. I read in forums that to try and uninstall the module and reinstall it to replenish the list of options. When I tried to uninstall the Avatar module, it failed. The reason is that the Profile cover relies on the Avatar module and that Profile Cover module would have to be uninstalled prior to uninstalling Avatar module. So my question is why is the Profile cover relying on the Avatar module?

The latest version of ProfileCover have not this dipendence (ProfileCover only requires the installation of the module Boonex Photos).

Anyway, you can solve this issue following these steps:

open the table "sys_modules"

search the row for the module ProfileCover (you can check the field "title" and search the value "Profilecover")

change the value of the field called "dependencies" for this record, write only "photos" (delete avatar).

Let me know

14 Oct 2013

Also, today we have released a new update (ver 1.1.1) that solves a mysql error when you active the block view for the guests (the module is not designed for a guest access but we have accepted to add this feature for an our customer).

This update require the uninstallation and the reinstallation of the module (no data loss)

14 Oct 2013

I have moved this block into a full-width column on my profile page, and now I want to resize the cover to fill the entire area.  Where & how can we change this?  Also, there isn't an information dialogue box displaying file guidelines (file type & size restrictions) for users when uploading their cover image.

This also has been asked earlier without an answer - can you provide us with a "how-to customize the navigation buttons"?  

Jethro

The image width is automatically adapted to cover the box width. If you want I can check on your site with a specific image that you can send to me to reproduce the issue you have reported.

Also, you can insert the instructions for your members on the box that is displayed when you add a cover (see the image).

The same answer will be added to the Boonex forum.

Let me know.

Raffaele

instruction1.jpg · 111.5K · 462 views
instruction2.jpg · 126.6K · 459 views
25 Oct 2013

hi

is there anyway to make the little avatar picture bigger? its a bit tiny right now, i figure it must be in a css somewhere but i can't find it

11 Dec 2013

Released IBDW Profile Cover 1.1.4 that add the Blogs link.

Uninstall the previous version, install the new and empty the cache.

30 Dec 2013

hi

is there anyway to make the little avatar picture bigger? its a bit tiny right now, i figure it must be in a css somewhere but i can't find it

Sorry not. The available sizes are 32x32 and 64x64 pixel for the thumb (from Dolphin default functions)

30 Dec 2013

Released Profiles Cover 1.1.5

This version supports the new module "Pages" by Zarcon.

To install this version you must uninstall the previous.

28 Jan 2014

Released ProfileCover 1.1.6

About this update, only we have added an image check when the image is deleted from the photos module (boonex or photodeluxe). If the image you have choosed for the cover has been accidently removed, you'll see the default image for your cover.

To update the previous version 1.1.5 to the current 1.1.6, you must only overwrite the file profile_core.php

21 Mar 2014

what about autosizing to make the whole photo fix.

None of the photo are fixing into the profile photo box.

http://vi-bin.com
9 Apr 2014

Have you tried to update to the current version?

Anyway let us know, we can check your site. You can contact us at info@ilbellodelweb.it for the credentials.

18 Apr 2014

Released Profiles Cover 1.1.7

This version adds the compatibility to the "Pages" link (on the Profile Cover menu) for the Pages modules by Zarcon (free and paid version), by AQB Soft (AntonLV) and Modzzz.

To install this version you must uninstall the previous. No cover will be lost.

18 Apr 2014

Have you tried to update to the current version?

Anyway let us know, we can check your site. You can contact us at info@ilbellodelweb.it for the credentials.

Yes i just installed version 1.1.7 same effects, photo wont fit inside the cover

20 Apr 2014

any idea why i cant get it to auto fix the photos?

21 Apr 2014

I got this mod couple of months ago and loved it. It is one of those mods that gives a prestige to your site and once you have it , you can't live without. Recently I have moved my domain from godaddy to Zarconia hosting and come across a minor problem with this mod. When I sent a message to the developer of this mod , they fixed the problem in minutes. The support is there and the functionality and looks of this mod is amazing. I strongly recommend it to everyone.

2 May 2014

my site doesnt seem to be showing the cover can you please advise 

I have installed the module on the site and also added the customblocks and updated the DB and still do not see the cover on the profiles.

iqlif3d3v.com

thanks.

22 Jun 2014

my site doesnt seem to be showing the cover can you please advise 

I have installed the module on the site and also added the customblocks and updated the DB and still do not see the cover on the profiles.

iqlif3d3v.com

thanks.

Maybe you have forgot to insert the item called "Cover" in the profile page (from the administration of your site, open the page builder)

24 Jun 2014

*** Is there a way to add other Links, like =

Timeline Link

or

Friends Link

*** Or can I edit current Links to reflect links I want by changing some code??

30 Jun 2014
2 Jul 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.