Make any site responsive. New mod. No more apps? - part 2

Quote · 10 Apr 2014

Has anyone tried to change the font size of the menu items?  I am trying to increase the size so that they are readable on a handheld.  When I do increase the size for the menu items, the menu extends past the right margin (attachment/screenshot).

screenshot05.jpg · 48.2K · 413 views
Quote · 10 Apr 2014

POPUP LOGIN NOT WORKING

First of all I wish there was an official forum for this module.  I have to email the author directly and wait days for help.

A few days ago I noticed that my popup login no longer works on my site.  The first time you click "login" nothing happens.  The second time that you click on it the page opacity changes but there is no popup.

I have a test site where I install every module that I purchase/install on my live site.  I checked there and the same problem was occurring.  I decided to start removing modules in the reverse order that they were installed.   "Make any template responsive" was the last one installed so I started there.  

I removed the "dt" directory (a .js file and a .css file) and removed the code from _header.html (references to the two files).  I cleared all cache from admin and tested in a few browsers (after clearing their cache) - the problem remained.

At this point I decided to completely delete my dolphin installation on my test site and reinstall with a fresh database.  I did that.  I tested the installation on 2 browsers and the popup login worked fine.

Then I installed "Make any template responsive" and tested again.  The popup login does NOT work.  I cleared dolphin/browser cache and tested several times.

So I deleted the "dt" directory once again and again removed the code from _header.html, cleared caches and tested.  The popup login still does not work.

I have no clue what the problem could be and need help getting the popup login to work again.

For now... I'm off to reinstall my 12 modules once again so that my test site mirrors my live site.

:(

Quote · 10 Apr 2014

are you using a custom template and trying to make it responsive. If so, this template may not work like you want without a bunch of modifications. If you are using the default UNI or ALT templates, or templates based from those, then it should work with little changes. Please keep in mind if using a template that is not based on the default ones - the classes and such may be labeled differently.

caredesign.net
Quote · 10 Apr 2014

I am using UNI.  Due to another issue (login popup not working) I reinstalled dolphin with a fresh database and have not edited any template or css files (except below).

To change the font size I added this css to base/css/common.css

table.topMenu a, table.topMenu a:link, table.topMenu a:visited, table.topMenu b {
font-size: 30px !important;
}

I wasn't using the last two selectors before.  Now that I am, the font size does change on handhelds. However, the menu is still not being cropped at the right place.

Please see my test installation at http://shannypoo.com (as you can see the login popup isn't working there lol)

Quote · 10 Apr 2014

how did you upl;oad files to your server? it seems like the age is missing for the popup login form (at least thats the way it acts for me). Make sure you have successfully uploaded all site files. I ask how you uploaded your files because if using LiveZilla - a lot of times it will skip files.

caredesign.net
Quote · 10 Apr 2014

it seems like the age is missing for the popup login form

I don't know what you mean by "the age?"

I uploaded the .zip file via cPanel and decompressed.  As I said it was working fine with the new installation, I checked and double checked!

Quote · 10 Apr 2014

Did not mean age, but meant 'page'

caredesign.net
Quote · 10 Apr 2014

I'm sorry I don't know what page/file you mean so I can't check :(

Quote · 10 Apr 2014

The login popup was not working  because of a corrupt header file.  Solved.

Quote · 11 Apr 2014

Dolphin Jay is working on the install for me.

So far so good...

The only problem I have so far is on my Blackberry the login screen does not appear to resize.

I never liked the logon screen anyway.. is there another way just to have a login like facebook or joomla?

Peer

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
Quote · 30 Apr 2014

That popup has a fixed width.  You have to resize it for handheld screen sizes.  What about just using the login block on the home page?

Quote · 1 May 2014

You can adjust the href of the login link. Change it so that it goes to the homepage and there you can place a login block that is only visible for guests. Or you can create a real splash page but that is more of a personal choice.

Quote · 1 May 2014

Could somebody elaborate on the logon block for the main page?

I would rather have it towards the top.. like facebook though... :)

Peer

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
Quote · 6 May 2014

Here's what this "responsive" template on the author's own website looks like on my iPhone:

Is this what everybody in this topic is so excited about?  Am I missing something here?

responsive.PNG · 254.3K · 698 views
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 6 May 2014

The vendor's site doesn't seem to use the mod... I wondered about that when I bought it and visited the site.

Once I installed it on my site, it worked beautifully though and I'm very pleased.

Quote · 6 May 2014

There are a few issues with the responsive templates being offered for free.

I did install the make any site responsive template which I paid for and everything seemed ok but the logon screen..

I'm hoping bstec will come out with a fully functional responsive template without bugs.. :)

P.

Quote · 20 May 2014

Can anybody send me this mod?

It is not available in the market already but it is very interesting for me!

Thx in advance!

Quote · 11 Jan 2015

Hi Malpa, check the free responsive templates from bsetec.
they are good and easy to change if you want to restyle them.

Quote · 11 Jan 2015

Thx, Solusoft!

Quote · 11 Jan 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.