Reservation module - part 2

Quote · 27 Dec 2014

If you look at the bottom of the view page, there is a bar with breadcrumb links that allows you to navigate back to the module main page and also the site main page. This breadcrumb bar is the standard navigation mechanism in all Dolphin modules.

I guess I'm just used to looking at the navigation breadcrumb on my test site

http://houstonlively.com/m/restaurants/view/Carrabbas-Italian-Grill?skin=ivoryII

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 27 Dec 2014

Same here. When all navigation is on top I'm not going to search it at the bottom page :-)

Quote · 28 Dec 2014

Your site has a custom template that is designed with the breadcrumb navigation bar at the top. Dolphin by default has this navigation bar at the bottom. This is a template design issue, not a module issue.

If you look at the bottom of the view page, there is a bar with breadcrumb links that allows you to navigate back to the module main page and also the site main page. This breadcrumb bar is the standard navigation mechanism in all Dolphin modules.

I guess I'm just used to looking at the navigation breadcrumb on my test site

http://houstonlively.com/m/restaurants/view/Carrabbas-Italian-Grill?skin=ivoryII

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 28 Dec 2014

That is exactly why I said a bare-bone dolphin installation without customization is not ideal. Dolphin is designed so that this navigation bar is at the bottom. This has nothing to do with the mod. It is a Dolphin design issue which you would have to change by getting your template modified.

Same here. When all navigation is on top I'm not going to search it at the bottom page :-)

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 28 Dec 2014

Modzzz is correct here; just visit the Dolphin demo site to see.  The breadcrumb menu at the bottom was one of the first things I moved when we set up our Dolphin site.  If one thinks they can set up a Dolphin site in a narrow time frame they are very wrong.  Move your launch date forward and continue to work on things.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 28 Dec 2014

Your site has a custom template that is designed with the breadcrumb navigation bar at the top

Yeah.... I know.  I made it all by myself too!  That last statement of mine was me realizing that it wasn't the fault of the module.  Like I said, I was just accustomed to looking at my own site that doesn't have the breadcrumb menu in a stupid place.[

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 28 Dec 2014

I moved the breadcrumb to the top.

I already moved my launch date forward because I started all over again. I'm using the restaurant module now after I customized some things myself. Since this mod is mostly written in the database and the drop-down menus can't be edited in the admin panel pre-defined values I had to do some serious thinking about re-organizing all the fields in the pre-defined database table and adjusting some errors I found in the mod.

As soon as I launch my website I will pay Modzzz for the restaurant module again, because he refunded me the moment I filed my complaint. 

After all, the mod doesn't need major customization, but some errors need to be adjusted.

Quote · 3 Jan 2015

This information is incorrect. All drop-down items in the module are pre-defined lists which can be fully edited in the Admin Panel. The ordering was the only aspect controlled from the coding side but that has been removed in the latest version of the module.

Since this mod is mostly written in the database and the drop-down menus can't be edited in the admin panel pre-defined values I had to do some serious thinking about re-organizing all the fields in the pre-defined database table and adjusting some errors I found in the mod.

Quote · 4 Jan 2015

Are you aware that you should not be using or customizing the module without a license for it ?

I'm using the restaurant module now after I customized some things myself.  As soon as I launch my website I will pay Modzzz for the restaurant module again, because he refunded me the moment I filed my complaint.

Quote · 4 Jan 2015

Modzzz, I said in my post that I'm paying for the mod. By the way, I never asked for a refund.

Quote · 5 Jan 2015

Modzzz, I said in my post that I'm paying for the mod. By the way, I never asked for a refund.

You also said you had installed it and was making changes to it.  To use a module, even on a site that is not launched, you need to have a license; so hop over to the market and get that license Cool

Quote · 5 Jan 2015

Geek_girl, I bought both mods (Restaurant and Pages) on the 26th of December, so I have both licenses.

Quote · 5 Jan 2015

And I also have a Boonex license Cool

Quote · 5 Jan 2015

Geek_girl, I bought both mods (Restaurant and Pages) on the 26th of December, so I have both licenses.

Modzzz stated, "Are you aware that you should not be using or customizing the module without a license for it ?"

Modzzz stated he issued a refund; and if he did, most likely he removed the module from your account.  With the issue of the refund, any license would have been revoked.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Nope, the mod is not removed from my account. Anyway, I already paid for it again.

Now some problems need to be resolved.

There is no 'search' page and no 'tags' page in the restaurant module.

If you want to add a block, it has to be added it to the already stuffed homepage.

That's also why the 'search' option in the module menu is linked to the 'search result' page and not to the non-existing search page.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Sorry, I meant that those pages are not present in the admin pages builder.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Annabel, those are not problems but just how the module is build and set up.
Did you ask Modzzz if there is/was a separate search/tag page before you got the module? Or was that one of your requirements to be build for you?

Nope, the mod is not removed from my account. Anyway, I already paid for it again.

Now some problems need to be resolved.

There is no 'search' page and no 'tags' page in the restaurant module.

If you want to add a block, it has to be added it to the already stuffed homepage.

That's also why the 'search' option in the module menu is linked to the 'search result' page and not to the non-existing search page.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Euhm ... there is a button in the menu of the mod but it is pointing to the search result page, however the URL says /search. No search options there. I put the search options in the restaurant homepage now, but that page is already stuffed.

Same with the tags, there is a button in the menu which is pointing to the tags page, but there is no tag page in the admin page builder section.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

I'll put those remarks in the mod forum.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

The mod currently follows the flow of regular Dolphin modules (check the official Dolphin demo at demo.boonex.com) . You will observe the same functionality in every Dolphin module. I do however have plans for this year to add the search page of all my mods to the page builder to increase flexibility.

Euhm ... there is a button in the menu of the mod but it is pointing to the search result page, however the URL says /search. No search options there. I put the search options in the restaurant homepage now, but that page is already stuffed.

Same with the tags, there is a button in the menu which is pointing to the tags page, but there is no tag page in the admin page builder section.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

I can see on your demosite that the search page is now integrated. Same as the ZIP code in the search options. As far as I can see these were not in the mod which I bought, is that correct ? If not, can you tell me how to integrate them ?

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

One small remark : you used the food event map marker instead of the restaurant map marker on the world map. OK, I can change that myself, but it is rather confusing.

By the way : how can I remove 'members' and 'food event' map markers on the world map (making all of them standard non-active except for the restaurant option)? 

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

I set my default country to Belgium, however, in the restaurant search options I need to select the country. I deleted all countries from the database except for Belgium, but the select option is still in the search form.

How can I set this to default so I don't have to use the select option ?

I guess it's this piece of script ...

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Restaurant events don't show on the site, only on the map.

In the admin panel/builders/navigation menu there is an option to view restaurant events :

However, in the menu there isn't an event browse option. Nor an option to add it to the event view page or the event browse page in the page builders.

So how can a visitor find an event? How can admin find the event ?

Please Modzzz ... fix the errors in your restaurant mod.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Is someone (besides me) acutally using this mod ?

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

there is an event block that you can place on view or home page.
But there is no real search option for restaurant events.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

@annabel - None of what you have mentioned are errors. A module cannot solve every possible user scenario. Therefore, you will have to make adjustments to fit your specific needs. You cannot use the Restaurant Events to be the main Events of the site.  Events are attached to a Restaurant. That is how the mod was designed. When you look at a particular Restaurant page, you will see the Events link in the Sub-Menu for that Restaurant.

P. S. - Use the official support forum for the Restaurant module for future requests.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Oops, my server was being attacked a few minutes ago Cry

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Where is that event block situated in the admin panel or do I have to create it myself ?

Thanks for your reply.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Where is that event block situated in the admin panel or do I have to create it myself ?

I think default is view page. but it could be a inactive block in the page builder.
Check admin => builder => pages => restaurant view page

in the menu builder when module is installed properly op top. check restaurant menu items.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

@annabel - I would suggest you spend some more time looking at how Dolphin works so some of these things become clear to you. You are leaving negative feedback and reporting a lot of stuff as errors that are just normal Dolphin functionality. Also, please use the official support forum for my Restaurant module for support requests. I will no longer be following this thread to respond to questions regarding my Restaurant module.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

I think default is view page. but it could be a inactive block in the page builder.
Check admin => builder => pages => restaurant view page

in the menu builder when module is installed properly op top. check restaurant menu items.

In the event view page are present :

- description

- photos

- videos

- files

- sounds

- comments

- actions

- event information

- rate

- social sharing

All these are special blocks which don't appear on other pages.

How to move them ?

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

@annabel - I would suggest you spend some more time looking at how Dolphin works so some of these things become clear to you. You are leaving negative feedback and reporting a lot of stuff as errors that are just normal Dolphin functionality. Also, please use the official support forum for my Restaurant module for support requests. I will no longer be following this thread to respond to questions regarding my Restaurant module.

I reported all of this stuff on the restaurant mod forum page.

I'm just trying to figure out how all items of your mod work, because there is no item in the regular forums and there is no manual with the mod. 

If someone wants to see the backend of this module, please PM and I'll send you the login.

Just to see how this mod is built and how things can be edited, if possible.

Houstonlively, you have this mod on your demosite. Maybe you can help me out with some of my questions ?

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

I don't need a search option for the restaurant events, just a block upcoming restaurant events.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Houstonlively, you have this mod on your demosite. Maybe you can help me out with some of my questions ?

No, I don't, therefore, I can't.  Like modzzz said... you should post questions about his mod in it's support thread.

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Ah yes, sorry, that was a restaurant mod you made yourself. My apologizies.

I see now that I took the mod comments for the support forum.

I'll post my questions in the correct place now Embarassed

Quote · 8 Jan 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.