/m in url string

Hello Folks,

I just ran a new install and when I load a module I keep getting a /m in the url string. There is not /m dirrectory in my files and I don't know why the module install is adding it..

An example of the url string is:  (My url)//m/groups/home/

Im sure its something easy but I normally use Joomla and an moving to Boonex for this new site... 

Jagger
Quote · 27 Nov 2016

/m  stands for the /modules folder.

in .htaccess file in the root folder you will see all the url rewrites for /m links 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 28 Nov 2016

Hi Jay, thank you for responding. Is there a reason for the rewrite with the /m or can I simply drop it or change it to /modules in the .htaccess file? Or perhaps there is a configuration setting I am missing for SEO friendly url strings.

Jagger
Quote · 5 Dec 2016

I think I found the explanation in another post. I think the .htaccess did not upload on the install. I just ftp-ed the file up and things seem to be working now....Laughing

Jagger
Quote · 5 Dec 2016

in the admin section of your site - advanced settings - permalinks: you can turn off permalinks for a particular module - and it will show without the m in the url - then you may probably end up turning it nack on because the url was shortened for a reason.

caredesign.net
Quote · 6 Dec 2016

That's even worse ... then it shows www.yoursite.com/modules/?r=news/index/

in the admin section of your site - advanced settings - permalinks: you can turn off permalinks for a particular module - and it will show without the m in the url - then you may probably end up turning it nack on because the url was shortened for a reason.

Quote · 22 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.