500 internal server

Hi i had a problem with my previous installation so i re-installed dolphin 6.1 and the website work but it doesn't give me access to admin. I went to www.mywebsite.com/admin and i get this error message

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sexyhotzone.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

please help me.

i did not get this error the first time i installed it

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

Sorry for the trouble i got it fixed

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

Common After-Installation Problems ..... 

HOW TO SEARCH AND NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS IN THE FORUMS .....

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

For those who wants to know the answer is make sure /Admin permission is at 755 and not 777

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

Aaaaaha!

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing  .....

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

Good to hear this is all the problem was but...

The /admin folder should never have been set to 777 to begin with. The installation does not require it or specifically ask for it either temporarily during installation chmod'ing or during reversal.

It happens though, you hit the wrong folder/directory.

Just a couple of thoughts though...If you accidently set the admin to 777 you might consider going over the rest of the folders and files and double checking all permissions.

This might seem like a pain and a little tedious, but if you accidently set one wrong if you are not familiar with the permissions there is a possibility that you might have done another.

It's certainly worth your time.

This script asks for more 777's than I would really like to see, and if you set additional 777's you are basically asking for trouble. If you are going to have a problem or get hit with something often it is a 777 folder. So you don't want to set any more of them to 777 than the script requires.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 20 Sep 2008

thank you for your concern, after reading your message i did go and double checked and that was the only one.

thank you

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

It's cool I didn't mean anything by it or anything. I've just seen sites and read numerous posts about sites being hacked and having other issues some of which were related to folder permissions. Recently I adjusted a site for someone that had it installed by what I was told a professional. I was asked to look at an issue, and upon logging in by means of ftp I immediately noticed many folders and files set wrong. So it does happen and certainly worth a second peek. Glad that was the only one. Hope this will be the beginning to the end of any issues. Good Luck with your dolphin site and hope to see you around the forums.

gameutopia

http://www.dialme.com

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 20 Sep 2008

I know you mean well and i thank you for that. Its definitly not the end of problem for me i have alllllot more but i'm doing allot of re-search on the forum right now.

Marie

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

You can check the Dolphin v6.1.4 permissions after install ..... 

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.