6.1.1 -- unexpected T_VARIABLE line 801

I have just uploaded a fresh installation of Dolphin 6.1.1 and I'm trying to run the installer script for the first time and get the following error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in [my server files path]/install/index.php on line 801

Any suggestions?

Quote · 26 May 2008

hmmm,

what does that line say on the /install/index.php.

i have not really had any problems with any of the installs, except for that one time that i opted to ignore something, and it came back to bite me in the buttocks. want me to take a look at your file? how'd you push it up to the server ftp, ssh and uncompress?

will help you just let me know

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 26 May 2008

mine is :

<form action="' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '" method="post">

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 26 May 2008

i deleted mine as instructed by the installer. LOL below is the line(s) that i would look at.

~794-824

$sRet = '';

if( 'done' ==  $resRunSQL )
{
$sRet = '
<div class="formKeeper">
<input type="image" src="images/next.gif" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="step5" />
</form>
</div>
<div class="clearBoth"></div>';
}
else
{
$sRet = $resRunSQL;
$sRet .= '
<div class="formKeeper">
<input type="image" src="images/back.gif" />';
foreach( $_POST as $sKey => $sValue )
{
if( $sKey != "action" )
$sRet .= '<input type="hidden" name="' . $sKey . '" value="' . $sValue . '" />';
}
$sRet .= '<input type="hidden" name="action" value="step2" />
</form>
</div>
<div class="clearBoth"></div>';
return $sRet;
}

compare those lines to what you have on your install/index.php and get back to us.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 26 May 2008

I noticed that my ftp client added % characters within the text of my code.  I am not a PHP person at all, but I recall a couple of years ago seeing this problem with drupal being uploaded with the same client.  I used a different method to upload and now I can get into the installer screen.

WISH ME LUCK!

Thanks for all your help!

Quote · 26 May 2008

I noticed that my ftp client added % characters within the text of my code.  I am not a PHP person at all, but I recall a couple of years ago seeing this problem with drupal being uploaded with the same client.  I used a different method to upload and now I can get into the installer screen.

WISH ME LUCK!

Thanks for all your help!

Ye, binary mode is awesome ^^ good luck :)

Quote · 26 May 2008

bad upload lol thats what i was just going to say

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 27 May 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.