7.1.6-7.2.0 upgrade -- too many pics?

having a prob when upgrading ---> 7.1.6-7.2.0 upgrade

it seems to not process all of the images into the new size per the php file found in the upgrade :

is it possible to run this repeatedly until all images are processed? or is there another solution when processing a  large site (20,000 plus members)?

thanks for any input

Quote · 6 Nov 2015

The image resize process can take a while to run before it completes depending on how many photos you have. It doesn't 'look' like its doing anything but it is.. The page is refreshing until all of the photos have been resized. 

I do not know how to run this multiple times even though I did try. Luckily I made a backup since I decided to move onto the next step and delete the upgrade folder while that ran and KABOOM.. it failed to say the least. So instead of continuing to fight with it, I decided to restore my site with my backup and re-run the whole upgrade again except this time, I let the resize run until it displayed the message it was complete before I did anything else.

If you have that many photos, you might as well go and take a break somewhere until it finishes. If you don't let it finish, it's going to screw up your photo layouts.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 6 Nov 2015

my concern was that php was going to timeout before it finished, which is what appeared to have happened.  i will try again and see how it goes. 

thanks for taking the time to reply

cheers,

david

Quote · 7 Nov 2015

my concern was that php was going to timeout before it finished,

Increase your php.ini timings; there are many post about how to here. If you cannot find one I will be glad to help you.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 7 Nov 2015

i already increased the timings ... (to the extreme).... still it did not complete.

i also tried changing:

$iLimit = 30;

to 

$iLimit = 3000;

not sure it that would help, 

but the code on line 53:

if ($iCounter >= $iLimit)

looked like it was only going to cycle 30 times....

------------------------------------

as an alternative, if i understand what was being done here:

$aNewSizes = array(
        '_t.jpg' => array('w' => 240, 'h' => 240, 'square' => true),
        '_t_2x.jpg' => array('w' => 480, 'h' => 480, 'square' => true, 'new_file' => true),
    );

could this be done manually in ssh with a command like:

find . -name \*_t.jpg -exec convert -size '240x240' {} -resize '>240x240' {} \;

find . -name \*_t_2x.jpg -exec convert -size '480x480' {} -resize '>480x480' {} \;

Quote · 8 Nov 2015

Does it complete any of the re-sizes?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 8 Nov 2015

If $iLimit = 30 isn't working, you might try decreasing that number..... 10 maybe... certainly not 3000

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 8 Nov 2015

Is Exif installed in your php settings?

Quote · 8 Nov 2015

thanks to all for responding:

Does it complete any of the re-sizes?

it completed six resizes.

If $iLimit = 30 isn't working, you might try decreasing that number..... 10 maybe... certainly not 3000

tried ten, then 5, no go.   i guess i don't really see what iLimit is doing since i was going up instead of down.

Is Exif installed in your php settings?

yes,

exif

EXIF Support => enabled

EXIF Version => 1.4 $Id$

Supported EXIF Version => 0220

Supported filetypes => JPEG,TIFF

--------------------------------------------

not sure what to do from here....  open to suggestions... thanks

Quote · 8 Nov 2015

working now....

increased php values even higher :

max_execution_time = 3000

max_input_time = 900

memory_limit = 512M

default_socket_timeout = 60000

mysql.connect_timeout = 600000

not sure which one (or all) made the difference, but will put them back to normal after the size mod...

thanks to all who chimed in and hope this helps if anyone else has this prob.

cheers-

Quote · 8 Nov 2015

Is it possible to rerun the resize script after the upgrade is done because it missed a lot of photos due to timeouts?  If so, please give a brief explanation. 

Best regards,

Gary http://molosserdogs.com
Quote · 24 Feb 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.