7.1 UPDATE NEEDED FOR EVENTS

PLEASE ALLOW USERS TO PUT IN THE ADDRESS FOR THEIR EVENTS AS CURRENTLY THEY ARE ALL POINTING IN RANDOM LOCATIONS.. WHAT GOOD IS AN EVENT IF NO ONE CAN FIND IT. THAT REALLY SUCKS BECUASE SOME OF MY EVENTS NO ONE CAN FIND AS THE WORLD MAP IS MADE NOW.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

See this event on my site and see if this is different than the way yours is: http://weareprogun.com/m/events/view/San-Antonio-Gun-Show

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

That is what i am after. is it the same code as the 7.1 better?

if so i only need to rename the field. if not how much are you asking for it and where can i get it?

that is perfect. and very much needed. I will mess around with mine for a bit. but ya. that event listing is very very good. now they can locate the event places.

Quote · 7 Dec 2012

ok. what's the trick. I tried an address but it still pointed to my account location.

remember I give credit for mods and fixes on my about listing.

Quote · 7 Dec 2012

You're in luck then joetheguy! No money needed! It is the factory Dolphin code with one VERY SIMPLE change. Go to Settings >> Language Settings and search for either Place name or enter _bx_events_caption_place.

Edit the language key and change "Place name" to "Zip Code". Save and flush cache. Now add an event. You will notice there is a place to put in a zip code now. This will allow it to geodecode the location and show properly on the map. You will still need to make sure that the full address is shown in the text of the event so that the users will have the full street address.

eventbyzip.png · 57.8K · 406 views
Quote · 7 Dec 2012

that's kewl. thank you you are on the credits list. I changed place name to address. and it works without a zip code.. but they can add one if they like.. I'm having a problem finding state/prov/territory though.

checked the builders for it and can't find how to add that field to it. so far it's listing address.city.country.

need two other fields. prov/state/territory and phone number.

Quote · 7 Dec 2012

Modzzz is updating the Premium Events module (soon, I hope). I have paid for this mod already. I has the ability to do much more such as list events by state. As soon as it is updated, I will install and test. If it does all you need, I will let you know.

Quote · 7 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.