7.4.2 Sounds

Fresh install.

every time i try to upload an mp3 file, it fails and I dont know why. Nothing in the error logs. I am not getting cron error emails. Any suggestions?

caredesign.net
Quote · 30 Jun 2020

Sounds are processed by the ffmpeg.  If ffmpeg can't run then it will result in sounds upload failure.  I had an incident where the permissions on ffmpeg had changed that prevented me from running it.  Check the permissions on the file.  Is it only mp3 files?

By the way, there are a few bugs in the 7.4.2 release; minor bugs, that will need to be patched.  Search the forums.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Jun 2020

all of the permissions are showing correct in host tools.

i have only tested mp3s because those are the only audio files i have that need to be uploaded.

also - i am running php 7

i searched the forums and found nothing to help me.

caredesign.net
Quote · 1 Jul 2020

I don't understand the inner workings of FFMpeg, but I assume it uses Flash. Have you checked that your browser is allowing Flash. Chrome disables it by default and you have to switch it back on. I'm not sure how long that setting lasts form but I'm constantly finding Flash has been disabled. It probably resets itself when you clear the cookies.

Quote · 1 Jul 2020

yes - flash is enabled

caredesign.net
Quote · 1 Jul 2020

Sorry for all the dumb questions Professor, but is the MP3 file exceeding your PHP upload limits?

Quote · 2 Jul 2020

no question is a dumb question

no, i have increased upload limits 

caredesign.net
Quote · 2 Jul 2020

I don't understand the inner workings of FFMpeg, but I assume it uses Flash. Have you checked that your browser is allowing Flash. Chrome disables it by default and you have to switch it back on. I'm not sure how long that setting lasts form but I'm constantly finding Flash has been disabled. It probably resets itself when you clear the cookies.

No, ffmpeg does not use flash.  It is a programme to process video and sounds.

Quote · 5 Jul 2020

Upgrading Dolphin is such a pain a fresh install is the only way to go.

Having said that, the software is bulky and losing traction.

Go Drupal. https://en.travelnotes.org

Upgrading is little more than a click on a link.

Awesome.

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 11 Jul 2020

Drupal?  For one, it is not an alternative to Dolphin.  Second, it is horrible; I have played with it in the past and abandoned it as a viable CMS.

Quote · 11 Jul 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.