ADS - problems with adding/editing categories

I do not know how to add/change ads categories :(

When I try to go to "modules -> ads" there is "Manage categories form" - when I enter something there - it adds top level category, and when I click on "Category manager" - NOTHING happens :( 

Any info ? (dolphin 7.0.8 and ads 1.0.8)

Quote · 19 Nov 2011

to manage categories on any module, you do so in the following manner:

admin --> settings --> categories settings --> from the dropdown, select the module you wish to manage the categories on.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 19 Nov 2011

Unfortunatelly this does NOT apply for ADS categories :(

articles, photos, videos, news - yes

but not ads :(

Quote · 20 Nov 2011

yep you were right about that, and oddly enough, the ads module was not installed on the instance i reviewed to get the path to where the categories were located.

Unfortunatelly this does NOT apply for ADS categories :(

articles, photos, videos, news - yes

but not ads :(

ok so now that i see how the ads module is supposed to be managed, we can try this again.

1. what browser are you using, if IE, switch to chrome, FF, or any other browser.

2. when you create the new main category, does it say it was created sucessfully?

3. have you looked in the database to see it if has been inserted there?

4. last resort effort, backup the sql for the ads module, uninstall the ads module, and reinstall it.

if you had data on the default categories, then you can restore the sql backup, if not then dont worry about it.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 20 Nov 2011

I am using FF :) 

Either there is something wrong in the code or something is wrong with my FF :)

My WebDevelopers says:

Błąd: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x805e0006 [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]"  nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)"  location: "JS frame :: http://.........pl/gzip_loader.php?file=bx_templ_js_0ac71e78d25137c52a4e2ffb045f4ef0.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 3519"  data: no]

Strangely enough :) it does work on Chrome and Opera :)

Thanks for your help :)

Quote · 20 Nov 2011

well i will stand on a stump here and declare that i would believe it not to be a problem with dolphin. dolphin has its problems, but that has not been one of them thus far.

I am using FF :) 

Either there is something wrong in the code or something is wrong with my FF :)

My WebDevelopers says:

Błąd: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x805e0006 [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]"  nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)"  location: "JS frame :: http://.........pl/gzip_loader.php?file=bx_templ_js_0ac71e78d25137c52a4e2ffb045f4ef0.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 3519"  data: no]

Strangely enough :) it does work on Chrome and Opera :)

Thanks for your help :)

turn off caching, as that file you are indicating is a cached template file. and is relevant to the template. also, creating a category on the admin panel should have no bearing on cache, as admin functions typically are not cached environments.

on a query of your error, i get the following:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=595917

though i didnt continue reading, because i can only provide my knowledge from dolphin, where i use FF and Chrome, if something goes wrong with either, i hit their forums for the solution.

well i went back and read some more, and the error there seems to be router related, and not dolphin. at any rate, continue to investigate, but currently, i do not believe this to be a dolphin issue.

Quote · 20 Nov 2011

I know this is an old post, but I'm having troubles with Ads and Firefox as well. In admin, you can't use the

You also cannot post ads using Firefox.The categories never load, so you cannot post the ad. It works fine with IE. Is there something that can be fixed? I'm running the latest version of Dolphin

Its not just my site, I tried on the demo site as well, the same thing.
Quote · 15 Oct 2012

I know this is an old post, but I'm having troubles with Ads and Firefox as well. In admin, you can't use the

2016 and the problem is still with Firefox. Using 46.0.1 and the subcategory is only loading. Can't post ads with Firefox but with Safari no problem at all.

Quote · 7 Jun 2016

I've just checked in Firefox 45, 46 and 47

This functionality works just fine. 

2016 and the problem is still with Firefox. Using 46.0.1 and the subcategory is only loading. Can't post ads with Firefox but with Safari no problem at all.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 11 Jun 2016

Still is problem for FF 57.0.4 anybody help?

Quote · 20 Jan 2018

Hello sebastian403!

Checked right now in our http:/demo.boonex.com with Firefox 57.0.4 on Windows 7. Didn't meet mentioned problems.

With the best regards, Leonid

Quote · 23 Jan 2018

Look...

Quote · 24 Jan 2018

Hello sebastian403!

May you check it form your side in our demo.boonex.com too? It is necessary to track possible error messages.

Quote · 25 Jan 2018

This is check on demo.boonex.com

Quote · 27 Jan 2018

Hello sebastian403!

Still haven't any troubles with choosing categories and subcategories in FireFox 58.0.1. Checked in demo.boonex.com, see atched screenshot. Similar errors mean troubles with Javascript / Ajax work, may be you have some limits on them in your browser?

examaple.png · 280.3K · 205 views
Quote · 1 Feb 2018

Here is what I face in Dolphin version 7.3.5

Opera: Categories on Ads Module do not appear in version 58.0.3135.47

-Situation: Screen gets a bit dark just like when the Dolphin warning to remind you to get a license appears when using the free version, only now nothing else appears and it stays there dark until you click the mouse button and the dark screen disappears...

Firefox: No problem with version 64.0.2. All work fine!

Quote · 26 Jan 2019

Hello galanopd!

Yes, that's strange because this page sometimes can be blocked by Opera adblocker, which prevent the work of Javascript code on this page. You may try to add your site as "trusted" to prevent this situation.

Quote · 26 Jan 2019

Hello galanopd!

Yes, that's strange because this page sometimes can be blocked by Opera adblocker, which prevent the work of Javascript code on this page. You may try to add your site as "trusted" to prevent this situation.

Hi LeonidS,

As always, I followed your instructions and now problem with Opera is fixed! The problem was the adblocker.

Thanks

Quote · 26 Jan 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.