ADVANCED settings .... Gallery, Photos, Time?

Oh, those confusing dolphin words & meanings .... Surprised

Can someone please explain to me what these items (see screenshot) in the advanced settings mean ... EXACTLY ???

Partial advanced settings:

What's the difference between the max amount of profile photos that can be uploaded and the max number of gallery photos that can be uploaded by a user? I would assume that none-members should never be able to upload any images in order to seriously mess up your visible community, and with that assumption in mind, I would further imagine that all profile photos and gallery photos are being uploaded by the same type of person, i.e. registered members only? So again, what the heck is the specific difference between those two items?

And then, also on the same screenshot ...

Time period in minutes within which a member is considered to be online.

Huh, what, wie bitte?

Now, unless I've lost my ability to speak or comprehend english properly, any user would be considered to be online immediately, after logging in with their proper user name and password. So what does that pertain to, the time period in minutes? Can someone clarify this for me please? Thank you so much.

Greetings from Germany

Quote · 27 Feb 2009

ist ganz einfach :)

max amount ist dass anzahl bilder dass ein gebraucher kan haben im sein profile
Number of photo in gallery: wie viele foto's rin gebraucher zum gallerie auladen darf.

Und letste frage  geht darum welche zeit angegeben wirt nachdem ein gebrauchter aus gelogd is von der seite aber er noch angegeben wirt dass er online ist..

Hoffe du komst hiermit weiter.

grusse

Kids first
Quote · 27 Feb 2009

Thanks killerhaai,

Let me make sure that I uderstand this correctly.

So if I were to put 50 for the max amount of profile pics, and 20 for the amount of gallery pics, then the user would be able to upload a total of 50 pics, but only the first 20 of those pics would display in his/her gallery ... or would those 20 pics also display publically on the homepage of the community? WHERE does this gallery show up? Only in the user profile, or also on the front page of the community?

I'm trying to figure out how to make sure that a member can never display pictures on the community homepage, and strictly within their profile only. That way, if a member has some naughty or bad pictures, those won't accidentally be shown to members or non-registered surfers who are looking at the public pages. Germany gets pretty crazy with laws & rules, so I have to make sure that the community itself stays protected at all times.

Greetings from Germany

Quote · 27 Feb 2009

Profile and Gallery photos are two different features. Profile photos are attached to the profile. Gallery images are shared pictures. These are two different directories.

Here you will find a must have Private photos mod: http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/1725

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 27 Feb 2009

Profile and Gallery photos are two different features. Profile photos are attached to the profile. Gallery images are shared pictures. These are two different directories.

Here you will find a must have Private photos mod: http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/1725

Hi there, Michel.

But wouldn't my problem be solved just by making the gallery pictures in the advanced settings zero? I guess not, huh, because then there would be zero pictures in the profile block of the homepage too, right?

I dunno, the more I'm dealing with dolphin, the more I'm thinking that in order to have a really nice community you'll have to be willing to pay a fortune? When I purchased dolphin I thought that I was purchasing a complete ready to go community with most of the features that all other good communities have? To me, 100 bucks is not peanuts, but I've actually spent about 220 bucks with some of the extra mods ... and now it's beginning to look like you have to pay for darn near everything in order to have a decent community. No photo albums, no music gallery, no videos, no ..... ??? ..... without paying and paying and paying ..... or licensing ray with branding rights to our FREE ONLINE PROJECT for yet another 100 bucks, a project that isn't even making us a dime.

I'll write boonex later, I'm getting pretty frustrated with the lack of everything, other than a homepage with blogs & guesbooks and user signups. To me, that's baloney and not worth 100 bucks, much less 300 or more USD. Our video portal, located here ... http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de cost me 20 lousy bucks with ZERO add-ons. Another 40 for the flash gallery, 10 for the branding rights, and a bunch of my own .css styling & backgrounds. THAT was BY FAR a better deal than dolphin and now I have to pay to integrate video into dolphin even though I own a full featured video portal already. That's just nuts !!!

(Sorry, apologies, I'm venting - dont want to get crucified by die-hard dolphin fans)

Greetings from Germany

Quote · 27 Feb 2009

to remove global photos simply remove the photos from nav menu builder, then the photo gallery blocks from page builders "homepage" "Profile" and "Account" That amount no langer matters.

I have tutorials on my blog and if you find jtadeo here, he has a full "How to Manual" These should answer most of your questions. Please study, these questions are common and all answered before.

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 27 Feb 2009

to remove global photos simply remove the photos from nav menu builder, then the photo gallery blocks from page builders "homepage" "Profile" and "Account" That amount no langer matters.

I have tutorials on my blog and if you find jtadeo here, he has a full "How to Manual" These should answer most of your questions. Please study, these questions are common and all answered before.

Thanks again.

No, I don't want to remove photos globally, definite misunderstanding there.

And I do read and study ... a lot ... but some of the things can't be searched for easily (at least that's my opinion) and I also thought that some of my questions were more direct and to the point, particularily with the screenshots which can help others who have problems by being able to identify with what I'm showing on the screen.

I honestly feel that the forum search isn't very good at all and have had more success just diving through the individual pages. However, by the time that you make it to page 7 or 8 it's pretty hard to stay motivated ... to go on looking for more ... while time is running down the drain with nothing being accomplished at all. Thanks for your advice.

Greetings from Germany

Quote · 27 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.