Adding colour to 6.1.4

Hi, Firstly, if i have posted this in the wrong place I apologise but Im not quite sure where I should put this question otherwise!

I am very new to all this and having downloaded my site - great however, I was wondering how I can add some colour to my site I have been told I need to find a new template - if this is the case where do I find one what will run with 6.1.4 or can i not just adjust the CSS codes somehow? - not sure how or where i can do that from tho.

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Cheers

Quote · 4 Oct 2008

Hi,

you can use the templates/tmpl_uni/ for this.
Go to your admin section - settings - CSS Style editor. From here you can editing all css files if they are writeble on the server : set write rights to 666 in templates/tmpl_uni/css/

Use Firefox with FireBug module and you can change everything you want.

Cheers

Kids first
Quote · 4 Oct 2008

Thanks for that, howevwer mine are all coming up as not writable :-(    is there any way round this ?

Quote · 4 Oct 2008

Thanks Sammie,

I did find a similar post from you last night and i did try and change the settings last night but whether i was doing it in the wrong place or what but it then came up with error messages and i didnt get any further!

OK  get the point that this is in the wrong place im sorry

C

Quote · 5 Oct 2008

Adding colour to 6.1.4  <<<< lets see, 6.1+ my guess it goes in the Dolphin 6.1.+ forum

try setting the files to 666 that makes the writable

Navigating around this site is like walking into a brick wall sometimes.

I would suggest that this site if it intends to offer any kind of support could

benefit from a simple site map.

Failing that......

Some sort of structure.

Sarcasm is still the lowest form of wit and certainly not a great advertisement for

this site as a whole.

Quote · 4 Mar 2009

Hi. there is a very simple way of adding a bit of colour to your site, first of all you have to go into your template folder>templateuni>images and find the gif called head_cutting. This effects the colour of your headings and the box colour below the headings.

Go into photoshop and create a transparent template of about 3px wide and about 1000px long (depending if you want to colour the box background or not, if you dont then just make this about 50 or 70 px long

Now you need to go and set photoshop on gradient fill, choose your top colour for the fill and the bottom colour, when you gradient fill this, you end up with the a strong top colour and a faint bottom colour (its hard to explain but easy to do).

Save this file as a gif (dont forget to backup the original head_cutting gif just in case.

Just experiment with this, different colours, or different sizes till you get the look you want.

Important!! before you mess with any of these files, make sure you save an original copy somewhere, i just leave it where it is and just name it head_cutting1 so if ever i need it i can go back to it

Regards

tyke

Quote · 4 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.