Admin Password

I have just installed Dolphin 7.0.  I have carefully followed the installation steps.   I deleted the Install directory and reloaded the page successfully.  I then went to sign in to add modules.   However, the user name and password (which I created in my dolphin MySQL database) does not work and I'm not able to log in and add modules.   I also tried my Boonex user name and password without success.   Can you tell me exactly what user name its looking for?   Is it the admin account of my workstation?   the root account of MySql?  something else altogether? 

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Occhipinti Embarassed

Quote · 14 Nov 2011

I have just installed Dolphin 7.0.  I have carefully followed the installation steps.   I deleted the Install directory and reloaded the page successfully.  I then went to sign in to add modules.   However, the user name and password (which I created in my dolphin MySQL database) does not work and I'm not able to log in and add modules.   I also tried my Boonex user name and password without success.   Can you tell me exactly what user name its looking for?   Is it the admin account of my workstation?   the root account of MySql?  something else altogether? 

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Occhipinti Embarassed

Mike,

the username you created for mysql, which should have been done from a control panel or SSH MySQL CLI, is most likely not the same username/password combination you created for the dolphin admin panel. 

when you go through the install, you are asked to answer a few questions, two of which are dolphin admin and dolphin admin password. then you are also asked to provide the mysql connection parameters, which in most all cases is or should be different than your actual admin username/password. 

so dolphin is loading, but you are unable to login? i would suggest one of two things:

uninstall and start over, best bet,

or 

create a new user from the front end, then login to phpmyadmin, and set the role of that secondary user to 3

you can also search for the sql query here on the forums where you can reset the admin password from phpmyadmin

you can also try to use the forgot password function and have the password reset and emailed to you. you can then use the USERID --> 1, and the password that is sent to you via email. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 14 Nov 2011

I tried that but it says my password is wrong, tried with usserid 1 and the password that was sent...

Quote · 8 Dec 2011

its not clear what you tried here, as there were a few suggestions. 

I tried that but it says my password is wrong, tried with usserid 1 and the password that was sent...

one other thing, is you need to clear the cache, both in the file structure and on your browser. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.