Admin can't login?

After I install Dolphin 6.1 for some odd reason I can't login in as Admin?

I get this error.

Profile error Please try again.

But yet I can create a new user and it works.

I tried injecting a new admin account in SQL with no luck. Any idea's?

Quote · 20 Jun 2008

You have entered a wrong password.

If you don't know it Goto phpmyadmin find Admins table and reset the password with generating a MD5 value.

----
Quote · 21 Jun 2008

I know I entered the right password.

I have installed it over 3 times and even tried it on a local box with the same issues?

Why would a new install mess up the password anyways?

Quote · 21 Jun 2008

It is either your browser or firewall.. Zonealarm was giving me problems for a while..

Mike

http://www.makeasocialnetwork.com

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 22 Jun 2008

I am using Firefox and Fedora.

Any known issues with them when installing.

Quote · 22 Jun 2008

Tried installing dolphin today using Safari and a Mac Pro.

Still get the same error?

Quote · 22 Jun 2008

This has nothing to do with browser you uses... Because your admin login/password is saved into the database at time from the install.

Kids first
Quote · 22 Jun 2008

It can if the browser isn't sending the info correctly to the server.. but if he has tried all those different browsers it probably isn't the problem here.. are you trying to log in the "user" login on the homepage or the admin login?? The admin login is at www.yoursite.com/admin/

If you try to use the admin login info on the homepage then you will get that profile error.

Mike

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 22 Jun 2008

I ended up having to use a MD5 progam and redo the password in SQL.

Then I didn't relise you have to login at the /ADmin section only. It wont work from the default URL.

Quote · 22 Jun 2008

wooohooooo;

so the problem had nothing to do with the script? you were trying to login to the site using the admin parameters? and yes once you need to edit that password, you need to get an md5 hash generator to create the md5 password for you. glad you got it working.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.