Administrator

Can you have more than one administrator?

Quote · 3 Jul 2008

So far I know there is mod for, trye to search on  www.expertzzz.com

Kids first
Quote · 3 Jul 2008

If you are comfortable using phpmyadmin you can go into that and open the "Admins" table and ad more admins. Just put in rows exactly like the current one. These are several free sites that will MD5 encrypt text for you to enter in the password field.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 3 Jul 2008

I am working on a better admin module for dolphin as we speak...

yes you can have more then one admin just for the moment you have to add them to the database by hand. If you need help doing this and are willing to give me your cpanel username and password hit me up at xero.00@hotmail.com in an email or instant messenger and I will help!

Quote · 3 Jul 2008

Great!!!

Kids first
Quote · 3 Jul 2008

Thats great it was just getting around the encrypted password part in the database table.

Mnay Thanks

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

I am working on a better admin module for dolphin as we speak...

yes you can have more then one admin just for the moment you have to add them to the database by hand. If you need help doing this and are willing to give me your cpanel username and password hit me up at xero.00@hotmail.com in an email or instant messenger and I will help!

ryne,

let me know where you are on that add admin mod, and if you need somebody to test it out, i can do that and find a few other volunteers. but more than an admin, could you incorporate moderators and allow certain levels of access to the backside. as i think just adding admins would not do that. havent really looked at it, just a thought.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Any time you want to put a password in the database for yourself or a user just use a site like this to "hash" it to MD5..

http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php

Mike

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Thanks for this link, very handy...

Kids first
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Handy link Mike!

Thanks for sharing!

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.