Adult Content Filter Support (Modzzz)

This is the support forum for the "Adult Content Filter" module.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 24 Sep 2017

The price has been reduced.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 4 Oct 2017

I like this concept but in a slightly different way.  A person marks their profile as an adult profile.  By default all content they create then becomes marked as adult.  The reason is that one may forget to mark something and then say nudes are showing to someone that don't want to see adult content.  The user with an adult profile may mark some content as non adult for say when they want to post a cute kitten photo.  Anyone that doesn't want to see adult content would not be able to view the adult profile.  If a person is friends with someone, then their content is shown regardless of their view adult content settings; in other words, I mark that I don't want to see adult content then I don't see any adult content unless I am a friend of the profile.

How much work do you think this would take based on your current module; do you think I could expand on your module?  Or perhaps we could work together and created a separate module for adult content based on my outline of how I want it to work?  Have an Adult Filter I and an Adult Filter II module that work slightly different.

I will probably go ahead and purchase and try to work on it when I have free time.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 24 Nov 2017

I revisited this mod in the hope it would suit our needs, the specific ones I discussed when asking for such a mod. Unfortunately unless I'm missing something it doesn't do what I had proposed, which is require the user to check off a "contains mature content" yes/no button when submitting any new content. This would include in timeline and media uploads.

This required button determines if it is flagged as "adult". Other members have a setting they select when signing up (that they can change as desired) if they want to see mature content or not. Further, ideally there would still be a space for that content (like Twitter does) that says this is mature content but it isn't seen (unless member changes their settings).

Lastly, I like the idea of your "flag this content as adult" as an extra layer of public input. Perhaps the site admin should get a notice when others flag content so they can view and make final determination.

Good start on the module - just needs definite tweaking for our needs and for most sites I'd think

Quote · 30 Dec 2017

Come on Modzzz. Need some input/feedback on this...

Quote · 11 Jan 2018

@neotekcorp - There are too many core code changes needed to implement your suggestion. Releasing a market module with so much code modification may pose challenges during site updates so I might change this to be a customization service instead of an actual market module. 

Quote · 11 Jan 2018

neotekcorp approach isn't the proper way to go anyway.  What I outlined is the logical way to implement Adult content and is the way that Yahoo360 did it; if anyone recalls that social site.  Yahoo deserved to go down; they could have been FaceBook.

Moddzzz, is my approach more doable or is it just as bad with changing core files?  I don't see Boonex doing much with Dolphin as they seem to focus more on UNA.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 Jan 2018

I must be missing something here. In a nutshell, this filter partly works, yet I feel it could be fixed and made to work properly with little effort.

To work properly, a member (or Admin) must be able to flag the content as being Adult at the time of submitting it. Most members tend to be slack and very few, if any will head off to a recently submitted item to flag it Adults Only.

Currently, the item is first accepted as available for general exhibition and it immediately appears in the timeline of every member on the site. Even if the item is later marked as adult content, it continues to appear on all timelines. 

Anton created a very simple routine for a colleague's adult site that allows Admins to bypass certain photos and videos from the timeline. I'm sure this could have been extended to other items such as stories etc., had I asked. This is done at Admin level and it has merit. Only Admin really knows the fine line between Adult and general content. It therefore seems logical that the best place to filter content, is by Admin before it's published anywhere. As I approve all items, the ability to flag as Adult Content in admin would suit me fine.

Nothing has been done to Modzzz original Adult Content Filter module except for a update soon after it was created. I think Modzzz sees it as a white elephant  and hasn't invested any time trying to improve it. I was also one of the people who pushed for this module and I even sent a good faith cash advance in June hoping he would get it to work properly.

Nothing has happened and my site is still not open.

Quote · 3 Dec 2018

@johnk42 - While the concept you have outlined seems simple, it requires quite a bit of code reworking. Dolphin module development has come to a halt due to Boonex moving away from Dolphin to UNA. The market for modules has essentially dried up . I have been on a break but now I am resuming bug fixing on some modules but no major reworking or additions will be done to any module unless Boonex revive Dolphin once more. 

Quote · 3 Dec 2018

It's sad that you seem to be throwing the towel in. Maybe you should voice your concerns on the forum and that may encourage a few more developers to step forward? I don't consider the end is "nigh". I consider the future to be a little more challenging, but your approach could be seen as "the last straw" of the "final nail" to your many followers.

Re the Module itself:

Maybe a workable version already exists under a different name? Sadly I have no way of finding out because the module seems to be missing from the demo site.

My comments are based on the description and three screenshots for your Custom Privacy module:

https://www.boonex.com/m/custom-privacy

In the description you have used Senior Citizens as an example custom group, but it seems I could create a similar custom group and profile field called Adult Content with a yes/no selector. 

Screenshot 2 indicates that my members should then be able to select View Adult Content (Yes) as a filter.

This should mean:

1. A member should be able to control personal viewing of adult content simply by selecting YES or NO in the profile Allow Adult Content field.
  2. A member uploading adult content should be able to select the adult content option at the time of uploading (Screenshot 1). I assume the item would then appear in timelines and galleries of members who have chosen to see adult content and nobody else.
  3. Creating custom privacy levels is an Admin only feature (Screenshot 2) 

Note: As Friends Only posts only appear in the timeline and galleries of friends, it's essential that Adult Content is treated in a similar way.

The Adult Content Filter doesn't achieve this goal, but it looks like the Custom Privacy module does. Am I missing something here, because this is all I actually need to get my site running?

Quote · 4 Dec 2018

@johnk42 - I have just received hosting from geek_girl (many thanks to her) and my demo sites should be back online with all modules installed in a day or two.

Quote · 4 Dec 2018

On carefully reading the description for the Custom Privacy module again, I see that it won't work as supplied. I must assume that the module can only access the following fields:

a) Gender
b) Couples (disabled for sites that has Couples feature turned off)
c) Age (Range of Age)
d) Country (multiple can be selected)
e) City

However, I wonder how difficult it would be to allow it to access another user created field - Adult Content?

Obviously this would be custom work for a one-off, but by making it work, you could remove the flawed Adult Content Filter and increase the price of this module instead.

There's always light at the end of the tunnel - unless you have your back turned!

Quote · 5 Dec 2018

I'm sorry. I meant the Custom Privacy module won't do what I want as supplied. I'm sure the module works fine for the job it's designed to do, but it won't replace the Adult Content Filter unless Modzzz can make a couple of additions to the fields it accesses.

Quote · 5 Dec 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.