Andrew Boon; A proposition was made

Andrew Boon, a proposition was made in regard to upgrading Dolphin Pro to be compatible with PHP 7.  stated that him and a client was willing to put $50 towards the work to upgrade Dolphin Pro to be compatible with PHP 7.  I know that work has been done on this in GitHub so the work needed is to finish if anything is left for compatibility to PHP 7 and to package an upgrade.   also made an offer to chip in as well.  I also will contribute; however, I want Boonex to promise that the work will start now, not some arbitrary date in the future.  I know that UNA has been release to RC 13; wow the number keeps climbing.  Since there has been a new RC release of UNA, work on UNA can cease while the user base of UNA test the RC for bugs. That is the normal course in RC versions; release and wait for a few weeks so that all the bugs can be reported and listed by the developing team.  I think this is very reasonable and the Dolphin Pro upgrade for PHP 7 could be released by the end of the year.

How much money do we need to raise for this to happen?  We are going to do a crowd-funding project here so we need a goal for our contributors.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Dec 2018

My offer is also time based. I need to see a ETA that indicates a real effort is being made. My offer is not to be seen as a Christmas bonus like bank executives get for doing nothing.

Quote · 4 Dec 2018

UNA 9 final release is happening any day now. We will work on Dolphin right after. We don't plan to sink it and we're currently rethinking some of the support decisions in favour of maintaining Dolphin more/better. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 5 Dec 2018

Maintaining Dolphin and pushing it further would be a great Christmas present for many.

UNA might be ok for what it is, a place for kids to pass the time on their mobile phones, but it's not as professional a product as Dolphin.

We do need to keep moving forward; without wasting time on a migrating route that so many Dolphin power users really don't want, or need.

Once people can make money with their Dolphin sites (recurring payments need to work), you might find more users invest in Dolphin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 6 Dec 2018

UNA 9 final release is happening any day now. We will work on Dolphin right after.

Great news today! Final release today.

Quote · 6 Dec 2018

UNA 9 final release is happening any day now. We will work on Dolphin right after. We don't plan to sink it and we're currently rethinking some of the support decisions in favour of maintaining Dolphin more/better. 

Thanks Andrew. That's great news that, I really hope you'll keep your word and follow thru! It's probably a wise decision, from a business perspective, to maintain a healthy and mutually beneficial relationship with all clients, including your already established customers, and most importantly deliver on your promise to release the long time awaited necessary dolphin pro updates and of course also provide adequate support in the future, especially to paying members and those whom already have invested a lot of time, money and effort into building their websites/business using the dolphin platform. I sincerely believe that if you (boonex) would just pay a bit more attention to your premium clients needs and maybe improve your service mindedness a little bit, then at least the majority or almost all your old regular customers will eventually be willing and excited to either completely transition or merge their current dolphin websites to una.io and subsequently also be happy start new projects based solely on the new platform, however, that would probably require a bit more attentiveness, pro-active engagement and more urgent results are definitely needed, so less talk and more action!

We are Looking forward to further progress and positive future and hope our beloved captain will not abandon ship, but instead turn his titanic around and steer us into a positive and prosperous future! But, but ,but, it feels like we all need to see it to believe it..!!   

Quote · 8 Dec 2018

once again, to reiterate, that's awesome news! 

Quote · 8 Dec 2018

upgrading Dolphin Pro to become compatible with PHP 7 is probably highest item on the wish list of most important updates!

ohoy captian, just do it, do it, do it!!

=)

Quote · 8 Dec 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.