Anyone use Zend Studio?

Does anyone use zend studio and how do you like it.  I'm on the trial evaluation and thinking to switch from dreamweaver.

Quote · 23 Mar 2010

I used to use Eclipse with the PDT plugin and XDE for debugging which is basically same thing as Zend debugger, I quite liked that as I could use the same IDE for many languages (I do other code development apart from web stuff), it worked quite well. I think that many of the team responsible for developing PDT are actually from Zend.

You can get the Eclipse PDT from http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/

Must admit, the price put me off of Zend, it was simply too much to spend on something that at the time was no advantage over Eclipse (which is free). That said - I have heard a lot of good reports about it.

If you look at Eclipse, avoid the pulse distro - it's supposed to make life easier by including a package manager - it sucks (or at least used to). At the time I used it - if you didn't have an internet connection, you couldn't open up the IDE. Not what you need when you are stuck in a factory, trying to fix a machine that is holding up production.

HTH

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 26 Mar 2010

Thanks I'll look at that as well.  I'm trying get to something more professional and better for programming than Dreamweaver.

Quote · 26 Mar 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.