Articles module How do you cope with layout issues

I had troubles to write articles that "look good" on desktop and on mobile. Easy solution would be to use big images centered and text underneath. That way, it would "quite" decent on mobile and on desktop. But what about more complex solutions. Like having text on one side and image on the other. It was more of a try and error to come up with a fitting layout. How do you solve these problems?

Quote · 26 Mar 2018

It's relatively straight forward. Just create a two column table in the Tinymce window, place your photo in one column and your text in the other

See image.

If you're asking if there's a tried and tested design process, trial and error is good!

If you need more help, post again here.

Clipboard01.jpg · 20.1K · 181 views
Quote · 26 Mar 2018

I had tried this with a table. But this did not look good when you watch this article then on a smartphone. 

Quote · 20 Apr 2018

In my opinion nothing looks brilliant on a smartphone. It's best to design your stuff for the the device used most. I did a poll and only one in 10 people access the site with a smart phone, thus I design everything to suit a computer. It could be the opposite on your site.

Quote · 20 Apr 2018

Have you tried the medium App? I think they managed the smartphone (reduced screen size) issue very well. I enjoy reading their articles on a smartphone screen.

Quote · 30 Apr 2018

I don't use any smart phone apps. I design my pages using Google Chrome and Inspector.

Right click anywhere on the screen. Select Inspect (last item) from the popup. When the Inspector appears, click the second icon on the very top left. (Red Box)  It places your Dolphin site in any one of several smart phone/tablet screens. You can turn them sideways and the site is fully functional. The cursor acts as your finger tip. It makes life very easy.

See image.

phone and inspector.jpg · 178.6K · 196 views
Quote · 30 Apr 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.