Arvixe hosting

It may be wise for Boonex to review their recommended hosting for Arvixe. The business was sold earlier this year. Servers have failed. Support has been non existent. The billing system was hacked. Websites have been down with no response from Arvixe support. Employees have been terminated. All in the last 2 weeks.

I moved our website over a week ago and not too soon because no files are available in cpanel file manager.

I would not wish the same experience for anyone else. Perhaps Boonex have some inside knowledge of what is happening at Arvixe. If not then a google search of web industry news will inform easily. Shame really as the support techs were fantastic.

http://www.tassieswingers.net.au/d7
Quote · 6 Oct 2015

"on October 31, 2014, the company acquired the assets of Arvixe, LLC."

From: http://ir.endurance.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=880160

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Oct 2015

https://vpsboard.com/topic/7846-arvixe-implosion-hacked-customer-database-overwritten-workers-fired-etc/

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Oct 2015

Since joining the EIG, Arvixe has many bad issues at this early October. I saw on twitter a lot of their customer protesting them. Whereas before Arvixe recommended everywhere and I almost interested to buy their hosting. But suddenly the issue of EIG came and booooom..... Arvixe down for long time enough. I can't imagine they have made big number of their customers disappointed. Finally, I look for other options by reading some of the hosting reviews. Some of them recommend asphostportal, which was absolutely the right choice for me.

Quote · 28 Oct 2015

i am an arvixe customer and my site is down. there is no support 

and i am very disappointment .

the error i am getting is "Warning! PageView cache cannot be evaluated. Please recompile."

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Quote · 31 Oct 2015

i am an arvixe customer and my site is down. there is no support 

and i am very disappointment .

the error i am getting is "Warning! PageView cache cannot be evaluated. Please recompile."

Try moving a block around in the page builder and clearing Dolphin's cache. If you'd like, I can take a closer look for you.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 31 Oct 2015

hi nathan. i will p.m you site user and pwd

Quote · 31 Oct 2015

Thank You 

Quote · 31 Oct 2015

Arvixe is now removed from the list of recommended hosts. We are very sorry to have reacted so late. I would strongly recommend switching over to Zarconia or our subscriptions (also powered by zarconia hosting, but with license and extended support).

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 4 Nov 2015

Arvixe is now removed from the list of recommended hosts. We are very sorry to have reacted so late. I would strongly recommend switching over to Zarconia or our subscriptions (also powered by zarconia hosting, but with license and extended support).

Do you really need a list of recommended hosts now that Boonex and Zarconia are working so cosely together? In my humble opinion Hostforweb and hostUpon should also disappear without trace (but that's just me)

It does seem a little odd that Boonex should recommend ANY other host than Zarconia now you are working so well together, it's like inviting the fox into the hen house.

Drop the recommendations, if the other hosting companies are worth their salt they will increase their client base through word of mouth and those less able to provide a top class service will disappear through natural selection.

Just my two penneth

Ed

It ain't easy being this stupid all of the time
Quote · 7 Nov 2015

I want to say that I have dealt with HostForWeb for over a decade. They have not been perfect, and I think they need a little more due dilligence on the Dedicated Servers, but overall, they are the most responsive when it comes to support. Not a single host I have encountered has been as responsive at all hours of the day or night as HostForWeb. Not only for Dolphin sites, but for CRM, WordPress, and other platforms as well. I have not experienced a singe month in 10 yrs of site downtime, and my availability is well past the 99.5% average.

I can say that they are definitely a secure host, and they would rather err on the side of caution i optimizing their servers for the best add-ons, cache engines, and overall OS upgrades. For a newbie who is desiring to have a D7 site and doesn't know all the things regarding databases, PHP and other factors, their configuration and support are great. I would safely say that half of the complaints about hosts are user error and the newbies who do not understand fully what they are doing.  Such has been enumerated in this topic already.

I think that a quarterly poll to rate our hosts on factors such as uptime, support quality, features, pricing, and other agreed-upon qualifiers should be done by Boonex. This also gives a platform for the hosts that aren't performing so well to comment, and adjust to the COMMUNITY of users, present and future, who use or are considering their service. 

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
Quote · 9 Nov 2015

More and more people are leaving Arvixe and TMDHosting because of multiple bugs. Just searched about them here on Boonex forums and found 99% of negative about them.

I recommend Zarconia to all my customers who need hosting. As a profit from recommending Zarconia I'm getting my customers happy. Zarconia — that's how service should always work.

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 9 Nov 2015

I used to be on Arvixe but they had my site down for 2 weeks and would not respond to my tickets. I would advise to stay well away. Best thing I ever did move away from them 

Quote · 13 May 2016

It makes no sense to put all eggs in one basket. Even the biggest cloud providers in the world have down time. If your site is important and must stay running, it makes sense to have a Plan B that can be easily switched to when needed.

I personally trialed Zarconia when first trialing the Dolphin platform. From Australia, accessing the demo website was just too slow. I'm not saying anything here meant to be negative about them, as most providers that have dedicated servers overseas which require TCP/IP packets traverse through underwater cables, suffer the same fate.

Latency due to distance is a physical reality aka the reason why Google, Facebook, etc have thousands of servers located all over the world.

Mirroring, caching, CDN, yes it all helps, but it doesn't actually provide the same user experience.

Is Zarconia good? I don't know, just have to read user comments.

Is Zarconia the only solution and should it be? absolutely not, Boonex should continue to have a recommended Hosting page for other suppliers.

Quote · 14 May 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.