Best forum script

I have seen that alot of people are or want to intergrate other forums scripts into there dolphin as  replacement for Orca

I have two questions

The first is why. Whats wrong with Orca or what doesn't it have the others do.

The second if the other scripts are better which one bests works with Dolphin

Thank you in advanced

I posted this in Orca as well but didnt get a reply thought I would try here as well

Quote · 30 Nov 2008

Thanks I used to run a Vbulletin powered forum, its the only one I every tried. I will start pokeing around phpbb this week

Quote · 1 Dec 2008

Also, phpBB has a ton of third party add on modules, so by integrating you could have the best of two worlds.  One that is especially important to me is a better email alert system for when someone replies to a post - something that is missing in Orca.   I haven't integrated yet, but am concerned about the "tight integration" between Dolphin 7 and Orca that has been announced- that might make it difficult or impossible to integrate.  I know some mods have been recommended for this, but I just got notice on an old thread I had started on their board (see- those email alerts are important!).  I haven't had time to evaluate yet, but it is at this link: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1174435&p=7881635#p7881635

Quote · 1 Dec 2008

Vbulletin is very good but not the cheapest. It has some really good features and easy to move posts around and moderate. The signature option I really like but orca don't have this. The ability to include your website that orca don't have. There are a few extra's available, nothing like phpbb3, but I would consider it a more secure script than phpbb. I haven't really followed phpbb3, but in the past version 1x and 2x sites were hacked and exploited fairly often. Probably more so due to the popularity and being free had a lot to do with it. So I haven't really followed it since.

Google really likes vbulletin too. If it's a popular forum I see a lot of vbulletin forums showing up in the top 10 in google quite often.

Only thing I don't like about it is the price.

There are many forum scripts out there now. I think we just tend to hear and see more of the popular ones.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 1 Dec 2008

Alright so installed both. Since I already had Vbulletin licencse I didnt waste any money.

Now I am leaning toward Vbulletin but my only concern is am I able to have one database for users?

Right now I have one database for each PHP/Vbullet/dolphin, I dont want users to have to resign up and re sign in for the when joing and using the forum.

Does anyone know somebody that has Vbulletin or even PHPbb working as one? meaning one account and login or am going to have to paysomeone to do this?

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

It seems like just using the phpbb would be easier. I just have so many mods for v-bulletin and from what was posted above Vbulletin is a more secure.

There is also the question of whats going to happen with version 7 when it comes out. I may just have to wait and see.

Waiting just seems like a huge waste of time!!!

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

Those instuctions on the phpbb website only work with phpbb2. The aedate mod that comes with Dolphin doesn't work with phpBB3 because phpbb stoped using MD5 for the passwords.

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.