Blank Module Pages

I'll use the Polls page as an example. When I click Polls in the menu, I'm confronted with a virtually blank page. One block reads  Latest Public Polls and another reads Featured. Both Blocks contain a message saying Empty.

However, I have three polls but nobody can see them unless they click All Polls in the Sub Menu. 

I never use "Featured" on my site, thus the featured Polls option isn't likely to work. I'm not sure what "Latest Public Polls" means, but if it means Latest Polls, the latest polls aren't being shown.

How do I make the home page show something; either the latest polls, or all polls? Or do I purchase yet another third-party Mod?

I seem to detect something wrong in the design logic of the Boonex team. Too much emphasis is placed on "Latest" and "Featured" throughout the site , but most users simply want an overview, not a list of something someone else thinks is important. Plus, there needs to be some continuity.

Therefore:

All Polls should be a block. Categories Should be a block Tags should be a block and the list goes on. For some reason these things appear on separate pages instead of manageable blocks which is the case with other modules. If people like Modzzz can get it right, why can't Boonex I wonder?

Geez.

Quote · 4 Dec 2017

Yes, you're right, it's a little confusing, but if you just want the list of polls, you can just leave the block "latest public polls" in Page Builder and disable the menu items you do not use in "Navigation Menu" so that you will get something simple as you want.

By cons it is true that a block "Categories" would be welcome as in UNA.

Baloo
Quote · 4 Dec 2017

It's Latest Public Polls that's empty despite there being three active polls. It's not worth the hassle, I'll just delete the mod. Thanks.

Quote · 4 Dec 2017

If you make one as admin it is visible?

Baloo
Quote · 4 Dec 2017

All polls have been created by admin.  None are visible.

Quote · 4 Dec 2017

All Polls should be a block. Categories Should be a block Tags should be a block and the list goes on. For some reason these things appear on separate pages instead of manageable blocks which is the case with other modules. If people like Modzzz can get it right, why can't Boonex I wonder?

Agreed. Hopefully, it won't be a long wait for your idea to be implemented. 

7.3.5 with responsive UNI
Quote · 7 Dec 2017

@sbg101 Please don't hold your breath while you wait. I can't recall seeing an updated module for years. 

What I can't understand is why Boonex started a new project before the original one was far from perfect. The core may be okay, but many of the modules need work.  As I said, AntonLV and Modzzz can do it, why can't Boonex?

Quote · 7 Dec 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.