Block IP for Signup With Dolphin U

Ok, I know im talking about a not released yet version of dolphin... but i want a solution before i start the website with Dolphin U.

So those who work on the project or those who already have access to the code because their making mods can help me i'm sure.

The feature i NEED to put on the website is to block SIGNUP only not login from IP outside a selected range. I want that only Quebec people can signup for an account... but if they travel into another country they can login... they just can't signup.

Why? Because i want to make sure that nobody from Ivory Coast or other Fraud niche country signup on my website. Too many fraud from these country... Last month another kid here in quebec commit suicid because one of this fraud and I want to make sure that my website will be protected againts that.

Maybe you can just add this feature one the next dolphin u or tell me what part of the script I need to edit

I know fraud can come from any country even here in Quebec, but i know that most of them come from few same country.

We can't defenitly stop fraud but we can do more to fight it i'm sure!

thx

Quote · 17 Aug 2014

That requires geolocation services, and you are not going to get that built into dolphin. 

Just install GeoIP on your server, and allow access to join.php from only the geographical locations you specify. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.