Blogs don't work right

When I post a blog everything is fine and it also shows on the home page but if you click on the link from the home page it goes to a page that says nothing found.

It is most likley going to have something to do with the mod_rewrite does anyone else have this problem

Quote · 29 May 2008

Check whether you have the full contents of ".htaccess" in it.

----
Quote · 29 May 2008

good call praveenky,

as i recall the htaccess mod_rewrite in orca being minimal. so you need to copy the mod_rewrite from the roots htaccess, and paste it into the orca folder, also, need to do the same for groups/orca as well.

good luck,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 30 May 2008

praveenkv1988 like I said I do hink it is something to do with .htaccess but how would I know if I have the full contents of it? I have what came with the download, do you have something more?

Here is what I have in my .htaccess in case you have something more

RewriteRule ^blogs/{0,1}$   blogs.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  blogs.php?page=$2&per_page=$1  [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=top_blogs [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=top_blogs&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top_posts/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=top_posts [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$2&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/{0,1}$    blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2&page=$4&per_page=$3 [QSA,L]

Quote · 30 May 2008

Check the file in your server with the a fresh pack. Its contents may be lost during the upload.

If this doesn't help you have to turn on the mod_rewrite

----
Quote · 30 May 2008

Check the file in your server with the a fresh pack. Its contents may be lost during the upload.

If this doesn't help you have to turn on the mod_rewrite

I checked contents seem to be the same

mod_rewrite is on and I am using it on 3 other sites hosted on the same server. (No problems at all with those other sites)

Quote · 31 May 2008

When I say I am using it on 3 other sites I don't mean 3 other Dolphine sites they are other sites with different scripts such as E107 CMS and I have no problem with the mod_rewrite on those sites

Quote · 31 May 2008

Open the .htaccess file after

RewriteEngine on

add

RewriteBase /

----
Quote · 1 Jun 2008

I too have the same problem..  Users are able to post a blog.. They show up in the home page too.. But the links from both the 'Home Page' and the 'Profile page' leads to "SORRY NOTHING FOUND", In fact that "SORRY NOTHING FOUND", appears immediately below "POST SUCCESSFULLY ADDED" , when posting Blogs..  Have followed all that has been suggested here..  Also the 'comments'  "view comments" " add comments"  have all disappeared..

It was all working till a couple of days ago..  And we've done nothing in the backend.. or touched the codes..!

Permalinks are turned on for all

What could be the issue..??   Any help will be appreciated..   The site is www.grrunt.net

U need to login to see the blogs  You can use user "atom"  pass "munnar"

Thank you

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

araaa,

Did you tried the solutions above? If that does'nt fix your problem. Ask your host to turn on the mod_rewrite in apache.

Regards,

Praveen

http://cpanel.happy-hosting.com

----
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

OPEN YOUR INC/CLASSES/BxDolBlogs.php

see line 1200:

$sBlogsSQL = "
			SELECT `Blogs`. * , `Profiles`.`Nickname` 
			FROM `Blogs` 
			INNER JOIN `Profiles` ON `Blogs`.`OwnerID` = `Profiles`.`ID`
			WHERE `Blogs`.`OwnerID` = {$aPostBy['OwnerID']}
			LIMIT 1
		";
		$aBlogInfo = db_arr($sBlogsSQL);

if (mysql_affected_rows()==0) {
			return MsgBox(_t('_Sorry, nothing found'));
		}

change with

$sBlogsSQL = "
			SELECT `Blogs`. * , `Profiles`.`Nickname` 
			FROM `Blogs` 
			INNER JOIN `Profiles` ON `Blogs`.`OwnerID` = `Profiles`.`ID`
			WHERE `Blogs`.`OwnerID` = {$aPostBy['OwnerID']}
			LIMIT 0,1
		";
		$aBlogInfo = db_arr($sBlogsSQL);

if (count($aBlogInfo)==0) {
			return MsgBox(_t('_Sorry, nothing found'));
		}

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

NOW IT WORKS!

BUT I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM "_day_of_6_day_of_6", how to fixs this? i have recompile my english language, but  no change.

see this picture:

blogs

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

add the following in your lang pack

'_day_of_1' => '{0} January, {1}',
'_day_of_2' => '{0} February, {1}',
'_day_of_3' => '{0} March, {1}',
'_day_of_4' => '{0} April, {1}',
'_day_of_5' => '{0} May, {1}',
'_day_of_6' => '{0} June, {1}',
'_day_of_7' => '{0} July, {1}',
'_day_of_8' => '{0} August, {1}',
'_day_of_9' => '{0} September, {1}',
'_day_of_10' => '{0} October, {1}',
'_day_of_11' => '{0} November, {1}',
'_day_of_12' => '{0} December, {1}',

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

add the following in your lang pack

'_day_of_1' => '{0} January, {1}',
'_day_of_2' => '{0} February, {1}',
'_day_of_3' => '{0} March, {1}',
'_day_of_4' => '{0} April, {1}',
'_day_of_5' => '{0} May, {1}',
'_day_of_6' => '{0} June, {1}',
'_day_of_7' => '{0} July, {1}',
'_day_of_8' => '{0} August, {1}',
'_day_of_9' => '{0} September, {1}',
'_day_of_10' => '{0} October, {1}',
'_day_of_11' => '{0} November, {1}',
'_day_of_12' => '{0} December, {1}',

Please forgive the dumb question but how would you add this to your language pack for a live site?  I don't even know where to find the language pack??  Thanks

ETA:  nevermind, I figured out you could add these as new language keys thru the admin panel.  Worked great!  Thanks deepdish2!

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

All problems with blogs must been fixed in 6.1.2

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

WELL, SAME AS WHAT I THINK, andrew know it

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.