Bought license - Still not registered

After over 12 hours of messing with this I have finally got (paid for) Dolphin installed with Ray using the FREE licenses, although Dolphin still comes up as NOT REGISTERED (within boonex account) , there are also still Adverts at the bottom of the site and although I put the FREE licenses in the widgets in ray and in my account it lists the site name, whenever I go back into Ray settings they are not registered again...  ...also rms.boonex,com brings back the message can't connect...

Have I wasted my money and time or is there a simple thing my tired eyes can't see..?

...and am I right in thinking that after I have tested out the Widgets in Ray and want to buy them to use the AD FREE version.. I have to install the WHOLE THING AGAIN..??

For community software experts this all seems very skanky.. If Boonex don't help I'll just demand a Paypal refund simple and go try something that doesn't take half a day to get to work.

Quote · 5 Aug 2008

Did you get this resolved?  Did Boonex respond or did you work things out for yourself?

I'm using the free licenses for the Ray collection and all but one were accepted by the site, but when tested they still say "this widget is not registered".

Quote · 18 Aug 2008

Twelve hours- ha - that is nothing, it took me four months to get my install working.  If you are giving up after 12 hours you probably should just ask for a refund right away.  Still, Boonex has had an awful lot of problems with their paid licenses - with many features, the free version works just fine, while the paid does not.  This is quite a disincentive and should be fixed.

Rob

Quote · 18 Aug 2008

After over 12 hours of messing with this I have finally got (paid for) Dolphin installed with Ray using the FREE licenses, although Dolphin still comes up as NOT REGISTERED (within boonex account) , there are also still Adverts at the bottom of the site and although I put the FREE licenses in the widgets in ray and in my account it lists the site name, whenever I go back into Ray settings they are not registered again...  ...also rms.boonex,com brings back the message can't connect...

Have I wasted my money and time or is there a simple thing my tired eyes can't see..?

...and am I right in thinking that after I have tested out the Widgets in Ray and want to buy them to use the AD FREE version.. I have to install the WHOLE THING AGAIN..??

For community software experts this all seems very skanky.. If Boonex don't help I'll just demand a Paypal refund simple and go try something that doesn't take half a day to get to work.

so you downloaded the adfree version of dolphin and purchased that license? did you then get the free version of ray and overwrite the files that were bundled with the adfree dolphin? this could be the problem, so just trying to understand exactly what steps you have taken.

now rms.boonex.com is a free service, we all know it only half works. you need to get you a stand alone rms account for that. you shouldnt have to install the whole thing again. if you overwrote the ray folder with the free version of ray, which you created the free licenses for, then you would just have to overwrite that directory again, and run the installer  for adfree ray. you will also if you havent already register for a free license for orca, or pay for a license for orca, if you plan on using it as your forum.

good luck with your paypal dispute, you have received what you purchased.  you have not purchased support, you purchased a licences. if you read the agreement, you will find that boonex offers no refunds. so we are here to help get you going.

holla at me about rms hosting if you choose you want it.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 18 Aug 2008

Did you get this resolved?  Did Boonex respond or did you work things out for yourself?

I'm using the free licenses for the Ray collection and all but one were accepted by the site, but when tested they still say "this widget is not registered".

do you have the free version of ray installed. these are two different installs, whereas dolphin/orca are interchangeable, ray is not. so if you purchased a dolphin license, and downloaded the adfree version of dolphin, you have also downloaded the adfree version of ray, and your free licenses will not work there.

holla,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 18 Aug 2008

do you have the free version of ray installed. these are two different installs, whereas dolphin/orca are interchangeable, ray is not. so if you purchased a dolphin license, and downloaded the adfree version of dolphin, you have also downloaded the adfree version of ray, and your free licenses will not work there.

holla,

DosDawg

I bought an ad free licence for Dolphin and Orca.  The upgrade was completed with the free version of Ray.  Are you saying that I'm forced to buy the ad free version of Ray if I've bought the ad free version of Dolphin & Orca?

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.