Built in Instant Messenger Not Working

The built in IM feature in 6.1 doesn't work for me.

I go to the person's profile (they are online) and click on Chat Now.

They get a nice little java alert message that tells them to accept or decline.

They accept, and a chat window pops up. I get the alert saying they are online.

The problem.....

I start chatting and sending text. Every time I send a message it says they are NOT online and they get ANOTHER message asking them to accept it. I get a message too every time they hit send with a new message.
So basically the problem is the system never actually initiates a chat where both of the users are logged in.

Is there a fix for this?

Quote · 8 Jun 2008

Many people encounter this problem. A patch should be release tomorrow by Ray team. Chech Unity blogs !

Bye

Quote · 8 Jun 2008

There's alway a patch coming tomorrow that never comes....

Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Someone said you must have ports 1935 and 5080 open for the built in instant messenger to work properly and stop the constant accept decline message issue.

Is that correct?

Quote · 13 Jun 2008

Are you running your own rms or trying to connect to the free boonex rms?

1935/5080 is for dolphin 6x or ray 3.0/3.1

dolphin 6.1.x with ray 3.5x from what I understand is using ports 10000/10080 at boonex anyway.

I had the same problem then I tried cyberxing's rms and everything worked almost instantly.

I guess if you are using a router or some kind of firewall that blocks ports it would be worth exploring if opening these ports made a difference.

cyberxing uses the same for 6x, but different ports for 6.1x than boonex, and cyberxing works without opening any ports on my side.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 13 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.