CHANGE SLIDESHOW TO STATIC IMAGE

hi,

i'm sure someone must have covered this already but i've searched for it and can't find it...can you please tell me how to change the slideshow on the front page to make it a static image?  i'd also like to do that with the pictures on the profile...can you please tell me how to do that also?

thank you!

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

thank you so much sammie!  forgive the inane question, but in the custom html box, when i insert a picture it asks for the picture's url, so it's obviously not one i can upload to the site like i can with the flash loader...does it have to be hosted by one of the image hosts like imageshack or something?  thank you again for the help!

Quote · 17 Nov 2008

Your image can be stored anywhere. At your site, or somewhere else. It doesn't matter too much, you just need to specify the location where the image actually is so it can serve it up.

You can upload it to your own domain with your hosts control panel file manager/uploader or simply use a ftp client.

It can be in your root yoursite.com/image.jpg

Or better yoursite.com/images/image.jpg
yoursite.com/graphics/image.jpg
etc...etc

You simply create a folder in your hosting control panel then upload the file there and then tell dolphin where it resides with the custom html box, you just tell it your image is at:http://www.yoursite.com/graphics/image.jpg or where ever it happens to reside.

Sample:

yoursite.com
--admin(folder/directory)
----admin files here

--images(folder/directory)
----image.jpg

--grapchics(folder/directory)
----image.jpg

--orca(folder/directory)
----orca files here

You can use a free image host too. It's just kind of more professional and easier to manage if it's all on your same hosting account.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 17 Nov 2008

thank you so much game and sammie!!  have a great night!  :)

Quote · 17 Nov 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.