Can I Reinstall 7.3.3 over 7.3.3

Is is possible to reinstall one version of dolphin over another?

Basically I cant get my head around installing current content into  anew databse.

This is all because I upgraded in steps from version 7.2 and the payment system stopped working somewhere along the line.

I have added loads of content and dont want to lose anything but need to get the payment system working again.

I have 3 installs of dolphin and all went through the same process yet one of the others is working fine?

I uploaded payment,membership and store files into the one thats not working yet it still doesnt work so thinking now that it could be a database issue as the cart and membership arent upgrading after payment through paypal. (as mentioned that isnt the case with the other site using the same settings in the payment module)

Hence BUMP.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 22 Jun 2017

The quick answer is Yes it is doable, but will it resolve your issue, probably not..

My suggestion is to rollback to the stable version.. Since you just upgraded from 7.2 (assuming you backed up 7.2 db+source), remove 7.3 completely and restore 7.2. Once  you are back in business, create a test environment and work from there..  This is what I've been doing to avoid any downtime of my Prod version..

Quote · 22 Jun 2017

Thanks for the response Morocco. I have a backup of it but its not in an organized place. But I know it will be on the drive somewhere with the database,

Presuming I got that working I would lose too much content to go back to be honest. So my next thought is actually:  

Can I duplicate the one that is working then import the content from the one that isn't?  

I see that in Tools > Database I can backup single tables, not sure which ones I will need for a specific user though.

The same would apply within phpmyadmin whcih table to export for:

A user, his posts, blogs etc?

yeah... BUMP here again. But thanks for the ideas.

Quote · 22 Jun 2017

Also when I said I upgraded I came from 7.0 and went up the upgrade path to 7.3.3.

I have completely replaced the files (but not database) and is still doesnt work.

Also duplicated the site to try removing; store, payments, membership plugins and reinstalling them. But that didnt solve the issue.

Im completely flumuxed.

Quote · 22 Jun 2017

You stated 7.2 to 7.3.3, then 7.0 to 7.3.3.  Do you mean that at 7.2 all was working and then it broke during the rest of the upgrades?  Did you make backups after each upgrade or just when you started?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Jun 2017

If you mean can you upload all the files from the zip archive of 7.3.3 to your site that is at 7.3.3 then the answer is yes.  However, you can not do an install; it would need a clean database.  Unless there was a corruption during the uploading of files, uploading the files probably won't fix your problem.  If you had corrupt files, you would see php errors  and such.

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

We are not going to be able to help you in the forums.  You will need a knowledgeable person to go into your site and server and try to find out where the problem lies.  It may be due to a bad upgrade since you had to do so many or it may just be a settings problem that can be fixed easily.

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

Again thanks for the input geek girl. Much appreciated. I replaced all the files with a fresh download and you were right, it didnt fix it. Luckily enough I tested one of my other sites and it worked so am now in the process of moving content about to the site I replicated from the one with the issue.

Its going well and have just had to import a few tales for accounts and such dues to curruptions installing old content into a working database.

I am a long way from done I will post back when Im done to make sure it all works again. If it doesnt then I will ask someone to loginto the not working site to see if they can see any payment issue that I am missing, although I have gone through each section/settings and plugins (membership, store, payment) to see differences between the working and the one not working and there are none apart from email addresses.

Thanks again.

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

Moving photos and videos are a bit tricky but can be done; there are forum topics you can review.  Basically you have albums and album objects.  Photos are stored in the photo module and videos under the flash directory.

Quote · 23 Jun 2017

I am about done with this now. The only thing I have missing are about 6 peoples profile pictures. But I cant loginto their accounts to add them again. The site isnt being used at present as I am still in the process of following Andrew Boons post at:

https://www.boonex.com/n/how-to-get-the-first-1000-real-members-to-join-you

Also support are looking into it. They would know which database issue is causing this on the site with the issue. Could be a problem if they solve it (my A plan) but I always have my B plan (the replacement site) to fall back on if they beieve its corrup some other way?

Thanks again geek_girl

Much appreciated.

Quote · 24 Jun 2017

As I remember there is a problem with PayPal payments in Dolphin, since PayPal changed something. The worst thing is that paypal live site and paypal sandbox sites behave differently.

Please could you specify what is Dolphin version where Payments working for you ?

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 24 Jun 2017

Hi Alex. Its the exact same version.

I have 3 installs and upgraded each at the same time in steps as per advised. 

The current version that is not working is 7.3.3. Theres another install where its ok. 

After replacing all files still didnt solve issue.

Boonex are looking into it, I suspect its a database issue because I changed all of the files to latest and the one thats working. But the one thats not working wouldnt go. 

I have just completed superimposing the non working content into the working system.

Il post back when boonex support responds with a yay or nay/issue response.

Cheers.

Quote · 25 Jun 2017

File from most recent are 7.3.3.1. They didnt solve issue.

Quote · 25 Jun 2017

I have just rechecked and it is working. The page returns to the checkout/shopping cart after paypal payment and the item is in the shopping cart. Refresh the page and it disappears, the user I tested was upgraded to the membership purchased.

Quote · 25 Jun 2017

Thank you for the feedback.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 11 Jul 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.