Help would be great

Quote · 1 May 2019

Hello,

Can not log in to dolphin with administration password

where and how can i use phpMyAdmin

change the administration password?

I can not find the administration user table with users

Help would be great

Admin is a regular account.  On the login form you will see "Forgot Password".  Use that to reset your admin password.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 1 May 2019

Unfortunately, you did not understand me.

I can not log in as administration at Dolphin.

see image

administration error.JPG · 30.7K · 192 views
Quote · 2 May 2019

You misunderstood her.

Go to the front end of your site. Admin user accounts are just regular user accounts with special privileges and can thus log into the site from the front end just like regular users can.

Can you log in from the front end?

If not then you can use the forgot password link which is on the front end login box to get a new password. There is no need to edit the database.

If you can log in from the front end but not the admin back end, then it is not a password issue, but something else.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 2 May 2019

I have found today that all registered users

can not log in with their correct passwords.

So not just a password problem

from the administration

Dolphin 7.4.1 does not work properly

Quote · 2 May 2019

Du hast sie falsch verstanden.

Gehen Sie zum Frontend Ihrer Site. Admin-Benutzerkonten sind nur reguläre Benutzerkonten mit besonderen Berechtigungen und können sich wie normale Benutzer vom Front-End aus anmelden.

Können Sie sich vom Frontend aus anmelden?

Wenn nicht, können Sie den Link für das vergessene Passwort verwenden, das sich in der Front-End-Anmeldebox befindet, um ein neues Passwort zu erhalten. Die Datenbank muss nicht bearbeitet werden.

Wenn Sie sich vom Frontend aus anmelden können, aber nicht vom Admin-Backend aus, handelt es sich nicht um ein Kennwort, sondern um etwas anderes.

Frontend login is for user

Backend login is for administration

administrator must be on the backend

as user and with password

Sign in

"Not about

something else"

Quote · 2 May 2019

Gehen Sie zum Frontend Ihrer Site. Admin-Benutzerkonten sind nur reguläre Benutzerkonten mit besonderen Berechtigungen und können sich wie normale Benutzer vom Front-End aus anmelden.

Wenn nicht, können Sie den Link für das vergessene Passwort verwenden, das sich in der Front-End-Anmeldebox befindet, um ein neues Passwort zu erhalten. Die Datenbank muss nicht bearbeitet werden.

Wenn Sie sich vom Frontend aus anmelden können, aber nicht vom Admin-Backend aus, handelt es sich nicht um ein Kennwort, sondern um etwas anderes.

Sign in

"Not about

something else"

This is not correct; an admin is also a regular user with a regular profile page. You can log in through the front page using the admin ID, Nick, or Email address, and the password.

However, if all members are now locked out, that is serious.  I don't think it is a 7.4.2 error; and you should be at 7.4.2.  7.4.1 had a XSS injection bug and that is bad news for a website.  It could be the profile table got corrupted; did you try to run a query on the profiles table?

Quote · 2 May 2019

Sign in

"Not about

something else"

Hmmm.

Nice to know that after 11 years of using dolphin that i am wrong about how dolphin logins work.

Quote · 2 May 2019

Also, the password is not stored in the database.  A hash is generated and that hash is stored in the database.  To change the password means you have to create that hash.  You can do some searches on the forum to see how to generate the hash.

Quote · 2 May 2019

Me too Deno, I guess that throws a spanner in our works ;-)

Quote · 2 May 2019

Das Passwort wird auch nicht in der Datenbank gespeichert. Ein Hash wird generiert und dieser Hash wird in der Datenbank gespeichert. Um das Passwort zu ändern, müssen Sie diesen Hash erstellen. Sie können einige suchen im Forum durchführen, wie der Hash generiert wird.

I know that passwords are not stored in clear text in the database.

But I can use MD5 to create a new hash in the database.

My question was: where can I find the hash of the administration in the database ???

Quote · 2 May 2019

to put it right again:

https: //*********.com/administration/

there is no link for forgotten password

Quote · 2 May 2019

Gehen Sie zum Frontend Ihrer Site. Admin-Benutzerkonten sind nur reguläre Benutzerkonten mit Vorbehalten.

Das Frontend-Login ist für Benutzer

Das Backend-Login dient der Administration

Administrator muss im Backend sein

als Benutzer und mit Passwort

Einloggen

"Nicht über

etwas anderes "

Das ist nicht richtig; Ein Admin ist auch ein normaler Benutzer mit einer regulären Profilseite. Sie können sich über die Startseite mit der Administrator-ID, dem Benutzernamen oder der E-Mail-Adresse und dem Kennwort anmelden.

Wenn jedoch jetzt alle Mitglieder gesperrt sind, ist das ernst. Ich glaube nicht, dass es einen 7.4.2-Fehler betrifft. und Sie sollten bei 7.4.2 sein. 7.4.1 hatte einen XSS-Injektionsfehler und das sind schlechte Nachrichten für eine Website. Es könnte sein, dass die Profiltabelle beschädigt wurde. Haben Sie versucht, eine Abfrage für die Profiltabelle auszuführen?

Quote · 2 May 2019

to put it right again:

https: //*********.com/administration/

there is no link for forgotten password

We know there isn't. And your not getting what we are trying to tell you.

Oh well fine. I will give you the info you asked for.

The admin account and the password hash is in the database in the Profiles table where all of the other user accounts are located.

But just so you know. The password is not just a plain MD5 hash.

Quote · 2 May 2019

Hello Jurgen!

Yes, that's a strange part - plz specify what were the latest actions before this trouble on your site?

BTW for the quick check you may change the password of admin like described here 

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/GenFAQ#HowcanIchangeadminusernameandorpasswordifIforgotit

Quote · 2 May 2019

I have Dolphin 7.4.1

now upgrade to 7.4.2

everything OK

Quote · 2 May 2019

I have Dolphin 7.4.1

now upgrade to 7.4.2

everything OK

See Boonex, this is why I am requesting a clean Dolphin 7.4.0; just roll all the other 7.4.x into a clean 7.4.0 release along with a clean single 7.4.0 patch.  You have screwed up this time.  Of course the longer you go, the more the mess grows.  This happened once before when you deleted a field in the profile table and people upgraded and then their site broke big time.  It took Houston Lively and the rest of us constantly shouting to get you to fix the mess.  Now you have created a new mess you are refusing to address.  

Quote · 2 May 2019

Yes, this is true, after completing the update there is a problem with the salted password hashes in profiles table. It's not so great when users and paying customers cannot login with their password, not sure why some passwords are working and others don't, however, this surly is a disaster, a serious problem that is damaging for business and it should never have occurred, consequently most active users have already now created new profiles because they can't login with their original credentials...

It has been a lot of work to update the entire system and with not much benefit considering the damage it done and overall messy situation with all quick upgrade fixes that haven't properly been tested, it seems like the recent updates are mostly superficial and changed version numbers, maybe updates are mainly done now to silence the angry dolphin community after the little switch platform to UNA trick, it's very disappointing that only a few hours of work per week&/month is done by one person, thank you Alex for spending at least a little bit of your valuable time on maintaining and improving dolphin but more is definitely needed, and urgently!!

Quote · 3 May 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.