Can't chmod directories in vista (localhost)

How do i give 755 permissions to directories in windows vista?

I tried right click and then read only but that only works for everything within the folder but not the folder itself.

Any brilliant ideas anyone?

Directories Current Level Desired Level
inc 777Writable 755Non-writable
periodic 777Writable 755Non-writable
Quote · 2 Aug 2008

Hiya,

Easy way - use an FTP program like Filezilla. Connect, surf, upload, overwrite, and chmod.

Quote · 2 Aug 2008

not real clear on what you are trying to accomplish here. you cannot chmod any files on windows vista or any other windows environment. are you trying to run a server on your local machine? i suggest you get an application such as wmserver tools and setup the webserver. if you are trying to use IIS, then i cant help you out on that. but there are tons of applications on the net that are open source. wamp, xamp, wmserver-tools and many more.

you can also setup an ftp server so you can login via local host and that would allow you to chmod those files, but i dont think you are going to have any luck changing the file attributes in windows vista the way you are going about it.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 2 Aug 2008

I just ignored the step.

I use wamp to reprocude an production environment but i can not give enough permissions to the directories only to the files in the directories.

Quote · 2 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.