Can´t upload language file

Hi there, 

Dolphin 7.4.2

i have just translated lot of text into german and now i can´t upload the file

But i have uploaded it before. So i deleted the language and tried to upload: failed

I have tried to upload the version before (that worked fine) - and now always get the

error "Can´t write language to database"

I have not changed anything. So it must be a bug.

Thank you very much for your ideas.  

Quote · 14 Sep 2019

Hello Martin!

We need more details about your situation before and now. Please specify:

i have just translated lot of text into german and now i can´t upload the file

But i have uploaded it before.

So what did change form that moment when this procedure works fine? Via what way you were trying to upload?

What version of Dolphin did you have when this part was working? As for now, I suggest you have the 7.4.2, is it right? Did you apply upgrades or is it a fresh install?

Quote · 16 Sep 2019

Yeah,  - I am using 7.4.2 

I found the solution in just clearing the cache of Dolphin. Then it works.

I have no understanding what the cache has to do with uploading, but now it´s fine.

Thank you very much! 

Quote · 18 Sep 2019

The cache has nothing to do with uploading. It remembers what you have done in the recent past just in case you hit the Browser back button. Browsers also use cache's and in many instances you can solve the issues you faced by clearing the browser cache as well. 

Boonex recommends that you untick all but one of the cache options during development work, but this doesn't solve everything. As I said, your browser also uses a cache and you often have to clear it as well. Firefox and Chrome both have Cache Cleaner extensions you can download. While I'm developing, I clear the browser cache every time I make the slightest change. That ensures that the next page I load will be a new one and not a copy of an old page. The browser refresh page option probably does something similar, but I prefer using the Cache Cleaner extension. By doing so, I rarely have to clear Dolphin's cache, especially while it's set with the various options switched OFF.

Quote · 18 Sep 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.