Change Default to Extended

In the "People" Search Results, the default user profile viewer is "SIMPLE," how do I change the default to be "Extended?"

Csampson
Quote · 20 Feb 2010

look/scroll down :)

Quote · 20 Feb 2010

Hi,

Thanks prolaznik for this response. I test it and it work but it does not show the extended by default, instead it replace the simple view with extended view, while the simple still the default. in other words, both views will become extended rather than still having the simple, while making the extended is the default.

Do you have an advice on how to make the extened the default while keeping the simple available as an option?

Thanks,

Osama

Quote · 21 Feb 2010

upsss Embarassed disregard the post above
Try this

root/ file search.php
around line 58

// $sInfoMode    = (isset($_GET['search_result_mode']) && $_GET['search_result_mode'] == 'ext') ? 'ext' : 'sim';
change to this

// $sInfoMode    = (isset($_GET['search_result_mode']) && $_GET['search_result_mode'] == 'sim') ? 'sim' : 'ext';

/templates/base/scripts/  BxBaseProfileView.php

find //Make Search
//make search
$aProfiles = array();
$aProfileStatuses = array();
$rProfiles = db_res($sQuery);
while ($aProfile = mysql_fetch_assoc($rProfiles)) {
$aProfiles[] = $aProfile['ID'];
$aProfileStatuses[$aProfile['ID']] = $aProfile['is_online'];
}

$sOutputMode = (isset ($_REQUEST['search_result_mode']) && $_REQUEST['search_result_mode']=='ext') ? 'ext' : 'sim';

change to

//make search
$aProfiles = array();
$aProfileStatuses = array();
$rProfiles = db_res($sQuery);
while ($aProfile = mysql_fetch_assoc($rProfiles)) {
$aProfiles[] = $aProfile['ID'];
$aProfileStatuses[$aProfile['ID']] = $aProfile['is_online'];
}

$sOutputMode = (isset ($_REQUEST['search_result_mode']) && $_REQUEST['search_result_mode']=='sim') ? 'sim' : 'ext';

/templates/base/scripts/  BxBaseSearchProfile.php
around line 50-52

function displaySearchUnit($aData, $aExtendedCss = array()) {
$sCode = '';
$sOutputMode = (isset ($_REQUEST['search_result_mode']) && $_REQUEST['search_result_mode']=='ext') ? 'ext' : 'sim';

change to

function displaySearchUnit($aData, $aExtendedCss = array()) {
$sCode = '';
$sOutputMode = (isset ($_REQUEST['search_result_mode']) && $_REQUEST['search_result_mode']=='sim') ? 'sim' : 'ext';

How's that :)

Quote · 21 Feb 2010

prolaznik, WOW.... many thanks it worked great :) You are a master :)

Do you know how to change it on the all members browse.php page?

Many thanks :D

Quote · 27 Feb 2010

Im sorry yes that changed the search page to extended and left the option open for simple that is a good thing but I need to change this page:  Can you tell me where that is?  I searched and searched and searched the closet I cam up with was BXBaseBrowse.php just not sure what to change or if that is the right page as it did not have the same type of code as you stated on the other pages.......Thank

http://www.getglobalexposure.com/mycommunity/browse.php

Csampson
Quote · 3 Mar 2010

This did the trick in 7.0.3 as well, however I now need to remove the links simple and extended. It appears that the css tag for the containing div holds other menu items when on other pages so I dont want to just set display none: on that. Any help would be appreciated...

ScreenHunter_.gif · 7.5K · 413 views
Giving it another shot......
Quote · 17 Dec 2010

Has anybody figured out yet how to set the browse.php to extended view? instead of the default simple.

The code above posted by Prolaznik works great  Laughing  for all other pages but doesnt work on browse.php = all members page

Thx

Quote · 9 Jan 2011

Anybody? ive searched browse.php and bxbasebrowse.php but still cant figure out where code is

I could set the browse.php to search.php in menu to solve just now but  would prefer to  change the code
so that extended view on browse.php is default any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Quote · 11 Jan 2011

Easy solution for bring extended layout in the browse page is by changing the link. browse.php?mode=extended.

Go to Admin -> Builders -> Navigation Menu

Under People -> All Members

edit the menu block

Change the URL from browse.php to browse.php?mode=extended

Done.

Quote · 24 Nov 2011

I did all these but it didnt work for me.. dont know why.... is anyone who could figure out why?

I dont know it all, so sharing is always better.
Quote · 20 May 2012

Go to Admin -> Builders -> Navigation Menu->People

Change the URL from:

browse.php|search.php|calendar.php|tags.php?tags_mode=profile|search.php?show=match

TO

browse.php?mode=extended|search.php|calendar.php|tags.php?tags_mode=profile|search.php?show=match

Quote · 6 Aug 2012

Man this is a dead post.  Hopefully someone smarter than me will find this.  I did the above and it worked. However on [Dolphin URL]/ssearch.php even though it renders in extended by default, the match % does not. You have to go back and select simple, render, then chose extended to get the match % to appear. 

If anyone finds this dead post and can help that would be great. 

*Crosses fingers*

T

Quote · 27 Jan 2019

Hello just4me99!

Looks like not-logged issue with the first time. Did you change templates/base/scripts/BxBaseSearchProfile.php like mentioned above?

Quote · 28 Jan 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.